March 28, 2024, 04:04:08 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Day to Day Living

Started by Beth 2011, March 03, 2012, 09:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth 2011

Since coming to this site several months ago, I have been able to achieve some  peace.  At least for now, I am able to talk about my DS and DIL and GS without getting emotional.  I am not mad and not upset.  It feels a little strange. My DM told me I have cut it out of my thoughts.. But that is truly the opposite.  I think I have accepted things are the way they are and I cannot do anything about it and I am getting on with my day to day living.

Also, my DH and DD seem to be more open since I have relaxed when they talk about DS.  We are not all reacting to what is said or done where DS is concerned. 

So I guess I am feeling somewhat normal about my DS?  Whatever that is.....Thanks and have a good day everyone.

luise.volta

That's wonderful, B. It's what this site is for. We can move out of injustice, aloneness and helplessness here. Good for you! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Beth, I'm glad you've found peace & acceptance. Best wishes on continued growth for you and your family.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Beth 2011

Thank you Ms Luise and Pen,  I always feel better when I come here and read all the responds from the Wise Women on this site.