March 28, 2024, 01:17:40 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Here we go....again.

Started by Pooh, February 21, 2012, 08:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

So my YS is getting deployed.  I knew it was coming and have been preparing for it.  What I wasn't prepared for was a phone call from him this weekend.  One of the big issues with his DD and not seeing her is his inability to get back in court, being in the military.  Long story that I've told before, so I will not bore you again.

The call is because he is being deployed, he had the option of giving me full power of attorney over his affairs.  In researching it with the military's legal department, if he gave me full power of attorney, I can act on his behalf in regards to court and DD.  I can also assume his visitation on his behalf, because of a military law in our state.  So the call was to ask me if I wanted to do that.  Well of course I want to see GD.  I told him that if he granted that to me, I would then seek the opinion of an attorney after getting it to see what my options are.  So here I go again.....  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Here we all go, P. We're with you every inch of the way. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

It will be worth it Pooh for your DS and yourself to see your GD.
good Luck .

Pen

Yup, here you again....and you do have us riding shotgun, Pooh. Best wishes!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

elsieshaye

Good luck, Pooh.  It says a lot that he trusts you to have that kind of power and access in his life.  Sending my best thoughts!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Doe

I know it's a lot on your plate but I'm happy for you, Pooh!  Definitely give us play-by-play accounts so we can cheer you on.

Nana

Nice going..... Wish you all the luck....go for it...it is worthwhile.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

FAFE

Hate the fact that he is being deployed (tell him thank you for his service), but glad that he's putting you in the mix and making it so you can see your GC.  You will be a great advocate for your GC.  Keep us updated for sure.

pam1

Pooh, I so hope it works out for you! 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

nikncon

:)one of your cheerleaders too!!Good luck!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Pooh

Thank you much.  I have to get the paperwork, sign it....mail it back....military notarizes it and gets me a copy....mails it back........

So it could take a few weeks knowing the military.  Once I get it, I'll schedule a consultation here with one of our barracudas.  (And that's not downing a lawyer...I WANT a barracuda! Lol.)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

artlady

Good luck and I do hope you get that paperwork and barracuda asap so you can see that GD.  I know you will have fun with her and love it . Good luck

JaneF

Pooh I wish you the very best possible outcome.  I'll be thinking about you a lot...just as I think about a lot of folks here!  We got your back!   J

luise.volta

Pooh - We're pn it like white on rice! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

firelight

Pooh, I'm so sorry your YS is getting deployed.   

But I admire you for stepping up on his behalf for the benefit of the GC.  I think you're fabulous!

and yep, here you go again.....and we will get our turns as well...good thing we have each other to go through life with.  ;-) 
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~