March 28, 2024, 10:11:15 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Here we go....again.

Started by Pooh, February 21, 2012, 08:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Thanks again, everyone.  I'm lying low right now...in a foul mood.  I've been all prepared for the deployment, but after all the unrest this last week in Afghanistan (where he is going), I'm not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling.  A dear friend got diagnosed with breast cancer (surgery Thurs.) and SD and I had war this weekend....so I'm reading, but not commenting on much right now because I'm trying to get in a better mood.

Luv ya all
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Aww ...hang in there Pooh .
everything always happens at once , not easy living with a teenager .
Also your DS .....lots of stress , take it easy ...Love you ..x

luise.volta

P - What a roller coaster life is. And some of the pile-ups at the lowest levels are just too much. I know there is no editing and selecting and so we sometimes get what you are up against, and that's multiple issues...any one of which would flatten us. We are your cyber-clan and we walk with you. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

I'm good...just recognize that I'm in a foul mood...Lol
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Pooh, we understand. Thnking of you and yours....
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

lancaster lady

luise.volta

Sending love and appreciation...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Ruth

Pooh, I am sorry this painful day has arrived for you.  I've understood what you've felt all along, remembering the graduation and all the pride you took in your ds.  Keep your faith strong, and as much as possible learn to live in the moment.  My ds did two enlistments (ten years), both served entirely overseas.  It was very hard for me, as he was so far away that only two trips home were possible per year.  In the midst of that, I was trying unsuccessfully to come to terms with, and make sense of, his rejection and distance toward me.  There were so many times I felt I'd never see him again, but the time came he returned home.  And now my 18 yr old g/s is talking very seriously about enlisting.  I don't have any power to make that decision for him, and even if I did, I wouldn't want to because we have to reach a point of trusting their judgment and giving more support and less advice.  There is good to come of this, and it will involve rewards that you'll gain for the rest of your life.  You are very important to your ds and he has shown you one of the highest compliments I think possible.  Not many moms get those moments.  much love.

Pooh

Thanks guys.  Sorry, I've been away from here for a few days.  We got hit with another tornado Friday.  Can you believe it?  After the 5 we had last April, again.  I feel so sorry for all the people that have lost everything.  Their faces show the pain and it's so hard to watch but thankfully, we had no loss of life this time.  Been working long hours.
Joseph Campbell

Pen

The news stories are heartbreaking, Pooh. I'm glad you're safe, but my heart goes out to those you are serving right now. Take care.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

shorewil

Good for you , Pooh ! Thank your YS for his service and thank your grandchild for being brave for all of us !!

tryingmybest

Thank you to your son for his service, and God Bless you for being there for your GC!