March 29, 2024, 02:33:22 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

You are all going to think we are nuts!

Started by JaneF, February 20, 2012, 05:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firelight

Great idea, FAFE.  Those pics help in court.
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

JaneF

We have an appointment with school counselor tomorrow morning, and she wants to have my GS talk to her again (he would only tell her yesterday some bad stuff happened at that house, but it was a "family matter" and he wouldn't tell, but he already told his grandma)  :'( She suggested I ask him if he would like me to come just to sit next to him while she talks to him for support, he said yes...so tomorrow school plans to do conference call to hotline this abuse that he has told me about.  I will have doctor on Tuesday document plantars wart, and hopefully child protective services will come get a photo and see it for themselves.  I HOPE they will do something in a hurry before my daughter catches wind of it and comes to snatch him back.  It makes me queasy just thinking of that possibility...crossing my fingers.  The school noted he seems different than at the beginning of the school year, more withdrawn and doesn't smile and laugh as much as he used to.  How sad.  Husband took him out to see the newer camper we bought to take GC camping, he was excited to see one sleeping area has bunk beds.  lol  He had a neighbor girl in his grade over yesterday (she lives in one of our rentals), and she helped him practice for the spring music program as he needs to learn the songs...cute!  I ordered him a special costume for this event, as the kids all have to choose a costume to wear, he will be soooo excited, it is a cool pirate outfit and even has the black hair wig! He slept better again last night.  I checked in on him before I left for work.  Papa got his new spaceship alarm clock we had gotten him for Christmas all set up, and he loves how it reflects the time and some planets onto the bedroom ceiling.  lol  I think with time and consistent love and stability he will be okay.  Thank you all so much for your support, you have no idea how much I appreciate it.  And to those who praised me so highly...I think those statements are backwards...I AM THE LUCKY ONE.  These children are a gift, and they need to be protected from such ugliness.  I will do my best to obtain these little guys and try to get my DD to get help she needs, but ultimately it has to be her choice...the babes NEED us now and have no voice really.  I hope I can keep up the energy required to care for 3 little ones.  The youngest is possibly going to be a challenge due to circumstances.  He will be 4 years old in a little over 4 months and he is still in diapers!!!  :o It's been a while since I have potty trained.  Then I may need assistance for some child care since I work third shift and need to sleep some!  Husband gets home at a little after 4 but we never know if he will have rental property repairs to do...but we will manage.  One day at a time.  Wish us luck as far as family services goes, if this child has to be returned I fear he may just shut down.  I hope I can get other one quickly to begin damage repair.  I understand my DD may be in trouble as well as her husband, but they are making the choices to treat these children this way, and there might be consequences for that...maybe this will get her to get herself the help she needs huh?  Have a most joyous day ladies.  J

firelight

Wow, JaneF, I am speechless. 

Warmest thoughts coming your way (and your GCs) for a great outcome. 
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~