March 28, 2024, 01:31:16 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Motherhood

Started by luise.volta, February 19, 2012, 12:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

This made my day. I hope it makes yours. (I was especially touched by the "rainy day" sequence. We all know about those!)

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9479342&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00ADEF&fullscreen=1
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

Delightful !
I was interested to see the American (?) robin , ours are so much smaller .
Also our duties seem to last a lifetime , and our babies keep coming back to the nest . :-\

Doe

That was great!  So funny to see her come to an empty nest still in feeding mode and no one was there!   Reminds me of myself and some other people I know....

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

constantmargaret

I made my husband watch it with me. We frequently talk about our kids as though they were baby birds. We laughed. Those baby birds' mouths were open the second that mother appeared, like flipping a switch. Kinda like my kids. Feed me, feed me! I need a permission slip! Help me with my homework!

Then as they grew, how they started getting all up in her face, demanding, squawking and nearly bumping her off the nest. Like big overgrown babies with bigger demands. Kinda like my kids.

At the end, they leave, she returns to the empty nest and starts cleaning up the mess. Kinda like me. Yeah. That's where I am now.

I totally got a kick out of it. Thanks, Luise.

luise.volta

Thanks, CM, we can learn a lot from other species. For instance...where was the dad the night she had to make it through storm?  ;)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

"The bird...the bird...the bird is the word...."
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Nana

I was also impressed with the video.  Its what mothers do, feed them, protect them, love them, but soon they will fly on their own....to their own life.    That's it...mission accomplished.   Anything we get back from that is an asset to our heart and soul.   But lets see it in a positive way....we are now Free too, to retake our life as it once was lol. 

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Beth 2011

Ms. Luise,

I love this video,  I have passed it on to several friends.  It made me think of when we were growing up and how we would sleep with the windows open and have that big black, loud fan (that would cut your fingers off literally if you put them in it) running back and forth.  The birds would sing until after dusk sometimes in the summer and we would hear the babies in the bushes near the house.  :)   

firelight

I loved it!  never saw this before!

That momma kept it up till the bitter end and then the ungrateful brats never even said goodbye.....LOL  Which she then banged her head against the nest....   ;)

The video made me smile!
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~