April 25, 2024, 08:07:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Chaotic

Started by Pooh, March 22, 2012, 08:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keys Girl

Pooh (and everyone), I've been out of the loop for the most part since mid-January when there was a big problem with my apartment and my landlady cut the internet when I told her I was leaving.   I don't have everything sorted out right now but I should have reliable internet access in another few weeks.

I'm sorry to hear about what is happening with you, Pooh, all I can say is "How do you cancel a 911 call?"  Wouldn't the police take this as a sign that the person who called it in is a taco short of a combo platter?  (Robin Williams)

I hope you keep lots of notes as well as electronic notes and forward everything to yourself to show the police if that is ever necessary.  You can never be too prepared to deal with the crazy accusations of a crazy person.

Quote from: Pooh on March 23, 2012, 11:11:06 AM
  I will be writing their corporate office this weekend and letting them know what I think of them and their treatment of him.

Pooh, I wouldn't send a letter to the corporate office, they have millions of them.......I would write to some military organizations or organizations that assist the military, and/or start some kind of program where military personnel who are stuck because of an airline's delays, etc. get complimentary hotel rooms in the city that they are stuck in.  Write to the Hotel Associations (via email of course, and ask them if they would like to be PRIVILEGED to be part of a ground breaking program that assists men and women in uniform). 

Start a club for the first 25 hotels or chains that want to participate and then call HLN and all the other news networks to give them some good news publicity about the hotels and the military.  See if you can get a taxi company to be part of the program who would provide transportation to and from the hotel, for free.  Start with 3 cities and see if you can expand it beyond that or get a larger corporate sponsor, like McDonalds to pick up the tab, they have large advertising budgets and that would be a great opportunity to help anyone protecting the country.

Oh......and if the airline calls you back once you get this going.........tell them to go sleep on the couch...........

Good luck, KG

"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

luise.volta

KG - Glad you got your cyber-wings back. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

KG, my admiration for you knows no bounds. You are amazing!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Keys Girl

Luise & Pen, thank you so much for the notes, it will take me another 2-3 weeks before I'm really back in the groove.......internet wise.

Looking forward to being back in the bunch again!

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

firelight

Hey Pooh.....sorry to hear it just keeps comin'....seems to be the way of it.

I'm surprised the police don't take matters into their own hands re: SF.  They have much better things to do than deal with this nonsense.  They should hold him responsible for this.  They still might.  Or maybe they think he's whacked and are just letting it go for now.....this time!
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

Pooh

Thanks all.  Thank you Keys, great ideas.

The Police?  Well a couple of things here.  One, normally when we get calls like that, the police will follow through and make sure nothing is going on.  The good news is, and the bad news is, they know us.  The Officers knew something wasn't right with the call because they know my hubby well and knew he wouldn't do anything like that.  Their assumption at the time was whoever this guy was, he had the wrong person.  So when he called back (they were on their way, actually 5 of them!) they pulled off going, "We knew he had the wrong guy."  It's good because they were that confident in my hubby's character, bad because they were that confident in my hubby's character...Lol.  One of them did come on and drive by, just to check on us.  It was just me and SD there, watching a movie, so cars in garage, one light on and nothing going on.  We had not a clue.  I wish they had come on so we would have known, they could have got the info from SD right then and maybe went up to SF's house and had a talk with him.  I asked about charging him with a false call and they said we could, but that it would be hard to stick in court because he could swear it's what SD had said to him.  It would become a "she said, he said" thing.

My DH did call and talk to Ex before they left for Disney.  She knew that SF had called the Police, but he told her it was to report her missing.  He didn't tell her what he did.  She was very upset, apologetic and offered to speak to anyone she needed to (Police, my work, etc.) to let them know that it never happened and that my DH had never threatened her, ever.  He did tell her that from now on, SD would have to meet her somewhere and that he didn't want her coming to the house to pick her up any longer, nor would we drop her off and be anywhere near her in case he tried something like this again.  She understood, just kept apologizing.  She started telling him that she didn't know what SF's issues were but he was acting weird.  She then said she thought he was going through male menopause.....yeah ok.

We both felt better after hearing her say that DH had never done anything like that and SF was crazy.  There may or may not be a recording of the entire conversation.  :)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

firelight

Goodness, Pooh.....what an ordeal.

I'm glad you have police who know you in the dept.  That would be the good place for friends!  ;-)

I hope things get better very soon.
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~