March 28, 2024, 07:02:25 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

MyFitnessPal

Started by luise.volta, February 16, 2012, 09:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Some of us banded with Pooh a little over six months ago when she posted here that she was going on a free, online diet and fitness program. We've formed a liite WWU, subgroup there at www.MyFitnessPal.com . That's why you see some of us, (not all,) posting our weight loss here.

We are going to use this thread to support each other further...so feel free to join us here and over there, if you wish.

I have been on it from the time Pooh offered us the information and have lost 16 pounds. I was very sick at the end of the summer and off the plan for a while...but I've got my grove back.  :D  If I can learn the program at 85, you can too. I chart my food and exercise...making sure that I burn more calories exercising than I do eating. That's about it. We dialogue over there with each other but lose track of those who drop out. This is a good place for them to reconnect, if they want to. We will probably swap recipes here and share experiences, too.

So, the door's open...y'all come! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Love it!  I joined in July of last year and to date, have lost around 25 lbs.  I was shooting for 40, but after reaching the 24 lb mark around December, I decided I liked the weight I was at, the way things fits, etc.  So I went into maintain mode and have managed to stay there so far.  I've stopped logging, although I should be doing it still because my evenings have because very busy with SD living with us now. I still am doing it on my own and will start logging again if my circumstances change.  I still check in and read when I can real quick and check on everyone's progress.

It works.  I'm proof!  The bad news...I've not been logging.  The good news....I'm proving to myself that I don't have to log, the rest of my life as long as I take the lessons I learned and apply them.  It's still working!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

I've lost 25.8 lbs so I guess my ticker is rounding it up to 26!  (Just noticed that)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

P - That's the kind of experience we all need to read about. You have no idea how it encourages me when I get that you are maintaining! And still with us...Oh, Hallowed Leader! I am also impressed that you have adjusted your ideal weight to what feels and looks good. I'm going to remember that and stay alert. One of our little band has lost 40 pounds! We are all on our own timetable and I feel that losing 16 since last September...when Pen and I came on...is my best...and I'm proud of it. :-) Onward and upward! Sending love...

Pooh

You have very, very much to be proud of!  16 is tons after having to go off it for several weeks so you could get your strength back after being so sick.  You got right back to it, when you were able and that in itself is even something greater to be proud of.  I did have a different goal in mind, but I really do like have everything is fitting right now.  I'm not skinny-minny, kept some of my curves and feel good about where I landed.  I wanted to get through my head that the scale is just a number.  It's truly how you feel that matters.  I have maintained, and the best part is that I have eaten more stuff I shouldn't, and still managed.  It does goes to show that you don't have to be miserable to lose weight, just make some better choices.

I'm proud of all of you!
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

All we needed was a fearless leader! The "charts" say I should weigh 125 - 135...but 145 works best for me. I got up to 193, when I started turning it around (before MFP.) Had dropped 6 pounds when I came on board...so MFP shows 16 lost but I know it's 22! :-)

luise.volta

So, any of you who would like to join us, please post here and we (Pooh) will help you get started. OK? Also any of you who have decided to move on, this is the place to get encouragement and think about returning. We miss you! Sending love...

luise.volta

Just wanted to report here, that although I see no difference in my appearance at all from my 20.5 pound weight loss...I had a win last night. I went to a seminar with the receptionist here where I live and I wore my seldom used, leather jacket. It's is a very small Extra Large. I haven't been able to to zip it up for obvious reasonsfor years and last night...no problem! :-)))

Pen

That's a wonderful NSV! Wear that jacket more often now :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb