April 16, 2024, 12:11:19 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I dont know what to do...

Started by diazdebbie, February 15, 2012, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diazdebbie

:(

Where to begin. I'm having so many issues with my DD.  (I have 3 AC, 2 boys and one girl.  She's the middle child) She's involved with illegal drugs and I'm so worried about her future.  She's paranoid all the time, and lies alot . She cares for my GD and I'm so worried for my GD.  She's living in my home (She's suppose to be renting it, but never pays me anything) She used to be such a smart girl with hopes and dreams and now I feel like I dont even know her.  She turned 26 last month. I found out about 2 years ago that she has been bisexual for a very long time.  She had boyfriends and many girlfriends that I thought were just friends.   She recently told me about an incodent that happend to her when she was a little girl.  She told me that it involved my first DS and that he took advantage of her innocents.  I dont know what to believe or what to do?   :-\  She needs help, but I dont know how to help her.

nikncon

Dear DD I haven't been in a situation like yours but IMHO speaking to your family doctor and getting a refferal to see a councillor would be a start.You could explain the situation of your DD to him or her.This must be dealt with by a professional.Good luck.I'm sure that you will be getting a lot of  great suggestions on this great website.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

firelight

I am so sorry you're having to experience this diazdebbie.   :'(  Speaking from my own experience with my DD, your DD's behavior is coinciding with the terrible drug use.  I know that this is very painful to witness and to go through.  The age group is the same as my DD and lots of others who post troubles on here.  What I did was offer to take the GD till they "got it together".  I don't know what your position (or your energy) is on that. 

It's hard to say what is a lie and what is not when they are drugging.  We hate to downplay things because it could be a truth (her younger experience with your DS.....could have happened).  but who knows huh.

I agree with nik.....see if you can talk to someone, deb.  I hate to admit but I called Child Protective Services anonymously....but they knew I was her mom....I just told them I didn't want her to know that.  They assured me they do not share who called.  You could also let them know you would be available (if you are) for the GD if they find anything serious.  However, a lot of the time it has to be so very serious to remove a child.  They offer other resources though that might be able to help your DD......including help with the drug use....but of course as we all know, she's gotta wanna.  I had my GD while she went through the inpatient rehab process....it is a lot of work but worth it to me.

Warm thoughts to you diazdebbie.  Hang in there.     
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

diazdebbie

Thank you so much for the support and the really good advice.  I really appreciate it.  It's so good to have a support systems from experienced and understanding women.  Thank you again.

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell