March 28, 2024, 11:58:03 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Am I the only one who plays by the rules???

Started by Kate123, January 25, 2012, 02:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdwell1904

I know it is hard, after no 2 i would goto work and come home and lie in bed crying till I fell asleep, that went on for 4 months. You know what it did get old finally. Some days I would have to convince myself just to take a shower. Awful I know. Please keep coming and reading. It's kinda like going to church every sunday, maybe this week the sermon didnt speak to you but you never know what next sunday will bring. There are times the pain from my AC situation overwhelms me and I dont feel I can contribute but then I read that thing that touches me and can help turn my day around. Keeping you in my thoughts.

colleen01

prayers and hugs Kate....do what Pen said, you really have to force yourself at first to get up,stop thinking, do the dishes....just because. I remember depressions so bad, getting the bowl down from the cupboard for my cereal seemed impossible. Then I was thankful to have a few dirty dishes to do, otherwise I would sleep or walk in circles in my house(cape cod, downstairs goes in circles!). I know I sound crazy, but I'm not. I started to make myself try the little tips friends and books had said to do. I started to feel better just doing anything, no matter how mundane, rather than thinking and sitting or lying.  Try it and again, you have my number, you can call this eve. if you want. God Bless, tiny, tiny movements forward, onward,outward, not inward!

luise.volta

K - Please know that we aren't qualified to help when you are in crisis. And only you can define whether this is a crisis or not. It sounds really serious to me. We can support, share and suggest but sometimes a professional is needed to help you get from point A to point B. I, too, have known disabling depression and, for me, it took an outside professional in my corner to turn the tide. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

constantmargaret

Hi Kate,

You keep saying you have no courage. Courage is how you locked the door to your so called boyfriend the other night. You have it. It's in there. You didn't just lock a door. You said, "No. I will not tolerate this behavior anymore."

I'm proud of you. It took guts. I know you're feeling down right now, but that's normal after any relationship breaks up. Time will work on that, even if you don't feel you can help yourself along right now by getting out and doing things.

Best wishes and keep the faith. Things can always turn around.

ps. It's time for a new set of rules. Your own. Your life, your rules.

CM