March 28, 2024, 03:14:44 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Fostering a relationship when my fMIL hates me. (MIL's please help me!)

Started by sadandfrustrated_FDIL, January 24, 2012, 12:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

thankyou Luise , I understand that she might view me this way .
However when I back off  and try not to be overbearing , she accuses me of not caring enough .
It's hard trying to get the right balance .
One thing for sure she knows I love my GD and have her well being close to my heart .
Surely that's not a punishable offence ? ...oh dear , and on it goes .

What was the breakthrough for you and your MIL ?

luise.volta

What she accuses you of and who you really are may not be remotely related! I say, go with your heart...and let the immature comments be just what they are.

I need to add on Valentine's Day - this is one of those days I yearn for your clotted-cream scones!  ;)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

Aww Luise , I could bake you a dozen , I don't know how well they would travel .... ;D

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama