March 28, 2024, 11:19:37 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Just shut my mouth?

Started by constantmargaret, February 11, 2012, 04:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

constantmargaret

Thanks everyone.

It was unfortunate that this information leaked out. All I can do is to act like I never heard it. Who knows? What with my memory these days, I may forget it completely. haha

My new mantra: "It's not my problem, it's not my problem, it's not my problem......."

Detachment feels so strange.

pam1

Quote from: constantmargaret on February 13, 2012, 08:43:10 AM
Thanks everyone.

It was unfortunate that this information leaked out. All I can do is to act like I never heard it. Who knows? What with my memory these days, I may forget it completely. haha

My new mantra: "It's not my problem, it's not my problem, it's not my problem......."

Detachment feels so strange.

Doesn't it?  I have such a hard time with it.  "it's not my problem" is hard for me too. 

On a side note, one of your updates said drinking was involved in that discussion....even further reason to pretend like you never heard it!  Who knows what she really did say or mean to say.  Or who was really drunk or not, perhaps your FDIL had a little too much and remembers the conversation differently than how it was said. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Orly

If I had a nickel for every woman/man that said they "couldn't have children" , I'd be a fairly wealthy woman.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are people with this problem and I sympathize for them.  I have also heard it numerous times and as the years pass, have seen the children that have come out of the barren fields of "can't have any".  *snort*  These asides need to be taken with a grain of salt.