March 28, 2024, 03:22:46 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Crisis??

Started by Mommy69, January 21, 2012, 05:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mommy69

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts...and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom.

cri·sis/?kr?sis/
Noun:   
A time of intense difficulty, trouble, or danger.
A time when a difficult or important decision must be made: "a crisis point of history".

I just wanted to say that from my reading through a lot of the topics on this forum,  I think everyone is in some form of a crisis. If we weren't, why would we be here to share  our stories??  Why do we join these forums and share our lives??? We are asking for help.  Asking for advice and support.  I had only turned to this forum to find friends.  To find advice and support.  I was not looking for anyone to solve anything for me or to save me but  to find a place to share my feelings  and hopefully connect with others who had gone through  or were going through a  similar situation as I.  Isn't what this forum is for??   My thread was closed.  That was like rubbing salt into a wound.  So, if you will tell me how to close out my account,  I will do so.  I then will find another forum out there because there are many and hopefully I will find the acceptance and support and love that I thought I had found here. I was never looking to hold anyone liable.   

Sincerely,
Mommy 69

Pen

Mommy69, I'm not sure a lot of us are in "crisis" as the definition is written in your post. IMO, most of us have issues that are less acute than that (gift-giving drama, equal time with the GC, that sort of thing.) You have written a lot about your DD, her BF & your GC experiencing "a time of intense difficulty, trouble or danger" and your "time when a difficult or important decision must be made," fitting the definition of crisis.

Perhaps the site isn't a good fit; I'm sorry to hear that. My take is that you are more than welcome here, but your posts are a bit overwhelming to us; we want to help & send support to you & yours, but your immediate needs are beyond our level of expertise. I'm sorry our good thoughts and support isn't being communicated to you in a way you can accept it. Best wishes, Mommy69, whatever you decide to do about your membership.

You don't need to cancel; just stop posting. If you wish to officially be off the rolls, just say the word & we can take care of it for you.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb