April 26, 2024, 06:08:15 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Today's Positive Thought

Started by Pooh, January 20, 2012, 12:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freespirit

I love your hair too Pooh,...although I've never seen it. lol...I always had fine hair, and the older I get the thinner it gets. ??? ugh.....How I would love to just bunch it up and clip it on my head.  ;)...I got a short layered haircut, which makes it look fuller,..so I'm grateful for my hairdresser who seems to have a magic wand.  :D
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

luise.volta

The lady who cuts my hair has a magic wand, too...but she refuses to come over every morning and use it. What's that about?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

nanaabby

Today I......"Lived~Loved~Laughed" for Me!  It felt good!

freespirit

hahaha, Luise,...we need to drop a magic wand on our hairdressers.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

Pooh

Thanks FS.  I have the most thick hair in the world and have the opposite problem.  It's hot and my hairdresser hates it! Lol.  It soaks up color and takes forever to dry.  The problem is that I look horrible in short hair.  I have a very pointy chin and if my hair is shorter than my chin line, you see nothing but my pointy chin.  If I keep it cut to there, I can't put it up and it's still hot, hot, hot.  Right now, it's the longest it's been in years.  It's about 4 inches past my shoulders because I figured if I could tough it out and get it long enough to put up, then I would be happier.   

So although I feel for your thin hair, the other side of having really thick hair stinks too :) Funny, it looks ok up, but not short???
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Wish me luck, new hair stylist tomorrow (last one over-processed my poor, curly hair.) Pooh, great story! Love when that happens.

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

freespirit

-- Michel de Montaigne

luise.volta

freespirit

Louise. your hubby was a very handsome man.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

luise.volta

July 24, 2013, 11:32:15 AM #220 Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:40:07 PM by luise.volta
Val was still a clock-stopper at 98, when that was taken. And he didn't know he was handsome or even care.  :D

Whitney

I can choose to be better, not bitter.
Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.
(Voltaire  1694 - 1778)

Pooh

I just figured out that DH and I's vacation to Disney World will be during Halloween!

Ha ha ha....I'm so dressing like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz....went to a craft store at lunch and found the pattern!  Woot Woot!  I'm so making red glitter shoes too......
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

seabreeze

I am grateful for the positive energy from the women on this thread! Thank you all!