March 28, 2024, 04:30:54 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Today's Positive Thought

Started by Pooh, January 20, 2012, 12:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Thanks to Doe and a great article she put on another thread that was very enlightening to me, I wanted to start this one.  I'm asking everyone to post a positive thought for the day here....nothing negative.  We have control of our thoughts so let's start with a positive thought every day.

Mine for today is:

I am stronger than the negative.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Smilesback@u

There is a story about a poisonous snake who a guru reforms.  But because people knew the snake would no longer fight back, the snake who had terrorized others was now being terrorized and abused.  The next time the guru saw the snake, the snake was barely alive, having been mistreated.  Hearing the account of what the snake had suffered, the guru said, *For shame!...are you such a fool that you don't know how to protect yourself?  I told you not to bite, I didn't tell you not to hiss.  Why couldn't you have scared them away by hissing.*  We are not meant to attack others, but use good speech.  Sometimes that good speech leads to more peace and happiness in ourselves and others, and sometimes good speech is a good *hiss*.      That's why WWU works for me -- ;)   

Pen

I saw the most beautiful sunrise today! I had to get up early for an app't, and there it was...incredible.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

sesamejane

Bring on the  rain - nourishing and needed in the end

Pooh

A dog laughs with his tail.  Remember today that we have it on the other end!  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Doe

"If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of the world"
http://posters-for-good.tumblr.com/post/542977597/if-you-have-food-in-your-fridge-clothes-on-your

(great thread, Pooh!)

Smilesback@u

Celebrate life like you are forever young ;)

elsieshaye

"Feelings aren't facts."  (This one helps me when I get so caught up in my own emotions that I can't see past them and everything in my life gets colored by them.)
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pen

Good one, Elsie. May I add  "...and facts don't have to affect our feelings." I tend to let reality bring me down instead of remembering I can choose how I'm going to feel everyday.

DH & I have a lovely day planned w/family we haven't seen in a long time. Life is good. I choose to be happy!

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I dread knowing the time will come when I will no longer be able to be a bad influence! (Still "holding" at 84!")

Smilesback@u

I like that luise - Being spunky is not so funky - arg,  :o

Pooh

Your thread gave me the idea Doe!  So you get credit.

"I am thankful for everything that made me the person I am today and I will be proud of that person!"
Joseph Campbell

FAFE

This is something I learned from a friend of mine.  If you have a problem and it takes money to fix it, and you have the money, then you don't have a problem. 

Also, got to spend about 3 hours with the grandbaby today, plus my daughter drove a total of 6 hours yesterday to be with us for my sister's funeral. 

luise.volta

"A day with my daughter (today) is a day of joy!" Reenie is one of my sort of kids...but I can't tell the difference any longer.  :)