April 19, 2024, 04:45:23 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Today's Positive Thought

Started by Pooh, January 20, 2012, 12:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Quote from: luise.volta on January 25, 2012, 06:16:52 PM
We are expecting another paralyzing blizzard next week!

That's your positive thought???????  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Beth 2011

Thanks pam1

When my DH and I went up North to visit his family, we looked around at places and thought about moving.  My first question was what do we do when it snows because we can't go anywhere? :)  His whole family thought that was hilarious and I was being serious.

Positive thought: I am glad I have a DD to laugh and talk with each day ;D ;D

Pen

A hot shower is priceless. I totally get it, Pam! Luise, we need snow and/or rain in my area, so I'd be cheering if a storm was headed here.

My positive thought for today (well, tomorrow since it's so late): How lucky am I to have the opportunity to learn new things every day. Never stop learning!

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Beth 2011

I can always count on my babies (cats and dogs) to make me smile.  :)

luise.volta

OK...no more blizzards thoughts!  ;) Today it is: "Dogs rule!" (I'm one of those weird people who think dogs are unconditional love.)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Beth 2011

Ms. Luise,

Don't tell my cats that... :)

luise.volta

Here's one for you: I knew a famous psychiatrist who once told me," Many people can't tolerate the marvelous independence of a cat.":-)

Beth 2011

How true!  My dogs always come and greet me. My cats well, it depends on their mood.

luise.volta

Dogs: Hi, Mom - What can I do to please you?

Cats: It's about time - Here's what you can do to please me!

diazdebbie

Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities.

luise.volta

Yup! Love that! Where we focus...that's what shows up. :-)

Beth 2011

luise.volta

I care that you woke up today. And I rejoice in the joy of caring.

FAFE

My DD and GD are on their way for a visit.  Actually her washer is torn up and she's coming over to do laundry.  Otherwise, we would have gone to their house for a visit.  Now, gotta go put all the gates up!

Beth 2011

Enjoy your visit FAFE! :)

I think we take the simplest things for granted in life and I am truly grateful for each and every day.   Happy Saturday Everyone!  :)