March 28, 2024, 11:31:07 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Today's Positive Thought

Started by Pooh, January 20, 2012, 12:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

today's very positive thought is .........every once in a while I get an email reminding me of my friends
across the water ........
Glad to see you're all still kicking gals , still my favourite ladies , love ya ! :-*

Pooh

It's my LL.....WOO HOO!!!!  So glad to hear from you.  I think about you often but I also know that no news is good news! :)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

What a treat to hear form you LL!  :D :D :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

Awww you too Luise And dearest Pooh !
Life goes on here , same old .....still working ...hope to retire next year .
My GD is now 3 1/2 years old !! and still causing trouble ....lol but still melts my heart .

You will always have a place in my heart , all of you ladies across the water ..I'll  always keep in touch ...x

luise.volta

Great to hear all of that. I can still almost taste those clotted cream scones! Sending love...

Pen

LL, what a nice surprise seeing your post! Miss you heaps, but as Pooh said no news is good news. Glad you're well :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

freespirit

Do not spoil what you have, by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have, was once among the things you hoped for.
Epicurus
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
            -- Michel de Montaigne

elsieshaye

My best thoughts today are "this too shall pass" and "just keep swimming"...
This too shall pass.  All is well.

luise.volta

This moment is fine. All others are either over with or haven't surfaced yet.

Beth 2011

My DM is very ill, but today when my DD and I were visiting her she said something so simple but so sensible and I wanted to pass it along.  We were talking about different things that were going on in FOO and she said, "Yes, you never know about anyone except yourself, we don't know about all the entanglements of another person, not even with our own family members.  You just never know.  And I realized at that moment all the time that Ms. Luise has said more or less the same thing.  It really hit home and allowed me to release the burden that I was carrying and didn't realize it until today.  :o   

luise.volta

October 20, 2013, 06:01:44 PM #235 Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:05:13 PM by luise.volta
What a lovely gift she gave you. We think we know...and then we make judgements re: what we don't know...and act on them.

I used to tell my kids that first we make something up, then we believe it and then we are at the effect of it...same thing.