April 18, 2024, 06:38:38 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Good Movies

Started by luise.volta, January 17, 2012, 10:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Yeah, your DH is so put upon that he will probably die of happiness, Pooh! Thanks for the additional suggestions. I might even venture out to "We Bought A Zoo!" (Well, it's not entirely impossible...) And I am ordering Calender Girls...thanks, Pen. :-))
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

You should!  It's really good.  I can't remember the guys name that plays with Matt Damon in it....  I remember him from being the mechanic in that show years ago about the brothers that owned an airport.  Wings?  Anyway, he cracked me up all the way through the thing.  Oh, and did I mention all the animals???   ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

No need to remember the actor's names. The only ones I remember have all move on to that Great Theater In The Sky!

Pooh

Did you get to watch the Betty White 90th birthday celebration the other night?  I was amazed at all the "experienced" generation of actors/actresses that were there.  Some looked great....some shocked me....and ashamedly on my part, a couple of them I had thought had already gone to the Great Theater In The Sky!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Nope, I recently gave away my fabulous, wall-mounted TV and sound system, a gift my dear friend left me when she passed on. I hadn't turned it on in a year! I do a lot better with a small screen, like my iMac desktop, for movies. My vision is poor. I get the news online, too, at CNN.

Betty White is amazing, though! Some of them just keep going! Remember George Burns when he played the part of God? He lived to be 100 but when they wanted to celebrate it on TV, he was sleeping most of the time and the network cancelled it. Wasn't he something?

Smilesback@u

Pooh

Oh wow.  I forgot about that movie, and YES, it was one of my favorites!  Wasn't there more of them with John Denver? 
Joseph Campbell

Smilesback@u

so Jim Carey in Mr Popper's Penguins, and How Do You Know -- funny :0 

Beth 2011

Ms. Luise,

Have you seen Good Will Hunting and Rudy?  These are feel good stories. 
50 First Dates
Anger Management- w/ Jack Nicholas
American Sweethearts
How to Lose a Guy In 10 Days
Rocky Balboa
Overboard- w/Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell
Space Cowboys- w/Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones and I can't think of the other 2 names.

I tried to think of a variety of different movies.  Most of these are lighthearted movies.  Enjoy.

luise.volta

Pooh

Oh my...just wanted to say hubby did take me to see "Joyful Noise".  I have not left a theatre feeling so good in a long time.  It was wonderful!  It was filled with humor, fun, and gospel music (but upbeat and updated).  I will definately be buying this one when it comes out on DVD to watch again.  Dolly Parton is one of my all-time favorite people so I really enjoyed it.
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Thanks. I will get that! (We make a lot of that, here...joyful noise!) I love Dolly, too.

Beth 2011

Ms. Luise,

I know you probably have more movies than you can watch by now but
"Somethings Gotta Give " w/ Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholas is a good one if you haven't already seen it. 

luise.volta

Thatka! I just ordered it plus Moonstruck and "It's Complicated."  ;D ;D ;D

Pen

Moonstruck is one of my all time faves! "Snap out of it!" Good choice, Luise.

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb