March 28, 2024, 01:57:31 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

AdSense on WWU

Started by luise.volta, January 11, 2012, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

We are all starting to get used to seeing ads on WWU. It's something that just has to go with free Websites because they are very expensive for their owners to maintain. Kirk and I elected to wait almost three years before adding it to WWU to see if we could make it without financial support. It just can't be done (unless Bill Gates becomes interested in us.)

Some of you may find something interesting there...(that's how I originally found Curves.) Some of you may be offended by the links offered...if so, just don't go there. A few of you may not stay and that, of course is your choice. I have had it on my counseling Website, www.MomResponds.com , for over five years and am more used to it than you may be. If you are so inclined, give it a while. We hope most of you decide to stay. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

Also, I just wanted to add a tip, if you're seeing offensive ads -- go and clear your internet browsing history.  There may be something in there that is triggering those kinds of ads to show on your page.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Gidget

January 11, 2012, 07:43:30 PM #2 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:54:19 PM by luise.volta
Me, not stay because of ads? I might as well give up TV as well  :P
This place is the best and I dont care about ads or not  8)

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

I feel like a real dummy 'cos I didn't even notice them until Luise posted that they were here. D-uh!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Lol...me neither Pen.  And now that I having been looking on purpose to see what kind of ads are up there....I've been giggling.  Most of mine are for criminal justice, bail bonds, drug stuff, nursing school, etc.  It's because like Pam said, my history and cookies are full of key words that are triggering those due to my profession.  I could go clear my history, but as soon as I look up something for work, I'm sure it's going to trigger them again.

I really don't even notice them.  I guess I am used to them on everything, my facebook, my google email and just about any website I go to now.  I always make decisions based on the pros and cons.  I love this website and everybody here and the pros are a gazillion to one con, so I'm not going anywhere.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Sassy

Another one who didn't even notice until I saw this thread.  Mine are all ads for what seem to be internet schools.