April 24, 2024, 09:59:00 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

so, DS emailed me

Started by elsieshaye, January 11, 2012, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

How wise to be able to see the little kid in you reacting to the little kid in DS. Good for you for putting it into perspective! S/L!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Did you respond with, "I'll see what I can do but when is your birthday again?"

Ba ha ha....The things I wish I could do sometimes.  Although Elsie, me and DH pulled the same 5 year old thing Monday night.  We invited SD to go eat with us Friday night and she wanted to until she found out we were also stopping at a couple of stores, then said, no..I'll just stay here.  Saturday, we were going to do some fun stuff and same response, no...not interested.  No, no thank you....  Sunday, she goes out the door without a word (although I noticed she had on her work uniform) and didn't say what time she was done with work.  She knows I cook on Sunday evenings and will wait on her for a couple of hours if she tells me a time.  She didn't, so we ate after DH got home...she didn't get home til a couple of hours later and was griping that we had already ate.

So come Monday night, she was sitting on the couch and DH came outside and asked if I wanted to go eat with him because he needed to go somewhere.  I said sure, where are we going so I can see if SD wants to go?  DH said, "None of her beeswax" and grinned.  We went in, grabbed my pocketbock and left without saying a word.  Came home 3 hours later and she was just staring at us.  "Where did you guys go?"  We both shrugged and DH said, "Out."  We went upstairs and shut the bedroom door, giggling insanely at the look on her face.

Yes, we felt all childish and reverted to her childish behavior...........but man it felt good!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

firelight

hehe....good one Pooh.   8)
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~