March 18, 2024, 07:18:25 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Glorious CBF

Started by 2chickiebaby, April 11, 2010, 02:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

Chickie,what has happened to Renny and Coco?

Doe's any body know what run them off?

2chickiebaby

I have not heard about Renny for so long!!  And Coco, of course too.

RedRose

1Glitterati...and you just became a member to write a civil post I suppose.

1Glitterati

Quote from: RedRose on April 13, 2010, 05:47:47 PM
1Glitterati...and you just became a member to write a civil post I suppose.

I never pretended my post was anything other than what it was.

Several of the ladies on this site have real problems that they did NOT for the most part cause.  Several ladies on here are in the situation they are in because of their OWN behavior.  Very few people on this site are willing to call another poster out when they do something inappropriate.  Enabling, many times, is the name of the game.

What Chickie did was wrong.  She knew what was going to happen when she did it.  And she knew that most, not all, of the crew here would kiss away her tears and tell her she is the victim--when in reality, in this situation, she's the bully.

How many times have people encouraged her NOT to read the dil site?  Repeatedly.  Even Luise, in her very kind and very logical way.  What she's done with this is created a major dirt storm for Luise.  She supposedly cares so much about Luise and think so highly of her and is so grateful to her.  She just threw Luise and her site under the bus.

RedRose

April 13, 2010, 06:16:20 PM #64 Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:20:43 PM by RedRose
Not for me Glitter. I can post here and get all the compassion  I'm looking for. This site heals and listens.
This is the internet...Chicky can go where ever she wants, so can I, so can you....we all all looking for answers.
All we have so do is listen to each other, have compassion and respect for each other...treat that poster the way you want to be treated.
I didn't  like what I saw coming from that site today...if it wasn't Chicky...could have been me...you ganged up on her like vultures...all because you did not like what she asked.
Please know this is my opinion and you have yours. I respect that. Thank-you

Marilyn

Chickie you cared so deeply for Coco,and i now you have her e-mail address have you e-mailed her and tryed to find out what happened to her?Coco was always soooooooo concerned about you and every other member,she always worried about the way she worded her post,taking care not to hurt any one.

2chickiebaby

Yes, we all have emailed her. I know Creme has and I have.   

Quote from: Mominwaiting on April 13, 2010, 06:19:49 PM
Chickie you cared so deeply for Coco,and i now you have her e-mail address have you e-mailed her and tryed to find out what happened to her?Coco was always soooooooo concerned about you and every other member,she always worried about the way she worded her post,taking care not to hurt any one.

willingtohelp

First, to bring everyone up to speed, these are the posts we're talking about.  I've gotten some PMs asking what in the world "the other site is" and what was said. 

Post 1 by anonymous donor

"We are Mothers. I am reading what you're writing and feel like I'm dying. What do you want us to do? Be very careful about throwing out his Mother. Someday, you will become a Mother and no matter what you do, your DIL won't like you. It will break your heart. Stop and think before you do what you are doing."

Post 2 by anonymous donor

"Your webmaster invited me to post because I inquired how these kinds of statements could be said about us. She said that some of you were MILs. She also stated that you were helpful and could be kind if spoken to with respect.

Is what she said not true? I don't want to debate you or argue with you. I do want to tell you that in spite of what you might do in your life the loss of your child, even though grown, will kill you.

You feel like you have valid reasons for talking about your husband's mother in the most terrible ways.

These things we've supposedly done to you, without even knowing what we've done in our minds and hearts, might come back around to you someday; you will be on the receiving end of it. You think it can't happen but it can.

You're too young to understand how this kind of hurt can effect you but it is unbearable and makes you want to die. Life is very short but this kind of hatred is reserved for war criminals, we're Mothers who raised your husbands with the only knowledge we had at the time.

I have no idea what a troll even is. I can assure you I am not one. I will go away but just one last thing, if this comes your way someday and your heart dies, remember that I told you."

Post 3 by anonymous donor

"I can't help but say this. It amazes me to watch you and I know you'll get vile now but most of you are like a pack of wild dogs.

Would you listen to yourselves? This is a society we live in, surely you'd like to be a participant and not a rabid dog. What is wrong with you all?

Someone must have been horrible to you and I'm sorry for that but it's obvious to me that someone was very cruel because no one could be this vicious over a mother in law. Something in your lives is not right. Something far more than your husband's mother. What is it?

I've watched most of you respond and one of you was really kind, I appreciate that but most you have been vicious. I am baffled. You can dissect my statements, it doesn't bother me at all but explore yourselves and see what is really going on with you. It's frightening to see."

The first post was in response to a woman posting about detaching from her MIL.  Her MIL has done many things, the biggest I'd say was trying to abduct her children twice now, I believe.  I'll say what I said before....some DsIL stink, and it's equally true that some MsIL stink.  This website is for people whose MsIL stink.  Going on there and saying that these women are throwing out his mother, that they will one day be cast aside, and calling them rabid dogs isn't really a great way to be accepted and get a warm greeting. 

And I don't think it's fair to say that we're willing to have anyone post their opinion here.  When I first posted, people jumped all over me.  Luise locked the thread.  I didn't post again until Coco was kind enough to invite me back.  And I didn't call anyone on here a dog.  I just told my story. 

I do think this has hurt this site a bit if for no other reason than now we're exposed to the possiblity that their large list of members might try to come here and stir up the same trouble that we made there.  I hope that doesn't happen.  I am going to beg and plead with you chickie.  Don't go there.  It doesn't help you.  The responses you got don't prove all DsIL are evil any more than someone posting something insulting to MsIL here and getting a negative response would prove all MsIL are evil.  And it's just not healthy for you.  I feel like some of what you said there is what you'd like to say to your DIL.  To not throw you away and to not go on the attack.  Then say it to her.  I know you're scared to do so, but saying it to a messageboard of other DsIL won't solve your problems.  I care about you, and I don't want to to do things that are only going to hurt you. 

RedRose

Mominwaiting,

I would like to know why she hasn't posted lately.  I thought maybe she was busy with work or on a vacation. I do not have her email but I did start a post asking about her. If you have her email please tell her we miss her very much.

1Glitterati

Quote from: RedRose on April 13, 2010, 06:16:20 PM
Not for me Glitter. I can post here and get all the compassion  I'm looking for. This site heals and listens.
This is the internet...Chicky can go where ever she wants, so can I, so can you....we all all looking for answers.
All we have so do is listen to each other, have compassion and respect for each other...treat that poster the way you want to be treated.
I didn't  like what I saw coming from that site today...if it wasn't Chicky...could have been me...you ganged up on her like vultures...all because you did not like what she asked.
Please know this is my opinion and you have yours. I respect that. Thank-you

And Chickie did NOT do that when she went to the dil site.  She went for the sole purpose of attacking.  If she actually wanted to know what people thought or why they thought it...she wouldn't have posted an attack.

She got a way tamer response than deserved...and some of the women actually gave her some good advice.  It's doubtful she'll hear it because it's incongruent with her perception and is going to cause major cognitive dissonance if she listens to it.

2chickiebaby

I would LOVE to hear her voice too.  I loved her so much, still do.

Quote from: RedRose on April 13, 2010, 06:24:54 PM
Mominwaiting,

I would like to know why she hasn't posted lately.  I thought maybe she was busy with work or on a vacation. I do not have her email but I did start a post asking about her. If you have her email please tell her we miss her very much.

Sassy

Luise has plainly asked us many, many times not to drag other websites' trash over here to the site she built with love.

There's not much point coming here, if it's all the same garbage as found everywhere else.

While she's known to be busy tending to some very serious personal issues, someone has apparently gone out of their way to stink up her beautiful place behind her back.

1Glitterati

Quote from: MLW07 on April 13, 2010, 10:15:52 AM
"CBF" is not cat butt face it is "can't be f*cked."

Actually...on the dil site it is cat butt face...there's a link somewhere on there for frequently used terms...it's defined right in there.

But...you are correct about what it usually means...it just doesn't mean that on the dil site.

RedRose

1Glitterati,

I don't know what you  want me to say here...it happened
None of us can do today over...it is what it is
I hope it never happens again
I respect your opinion...
We are only human and can't always be perfect.
I would like to go back to reading the concerns of the wise women here and the advise we offer out of concern and compassion for each other.

Marilyn

Chickie i have to agree with clovers post,and with Glitterati.

May i suggest you make a copy of the post you wrote on that other site, and take it to your therapist.

I dont want to hurt your feelings,but you might just be addicted to Drama.