March 28, 2024, 05:19:00 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Telephone edicate

Started by cremebrulee, April 11, 2010, 09:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

I think it's so rude to be talking on a cell phone in front of others...I've noted while outside on break, if a person is on the phone, everyone else is afraid to talk, if that person wants to be on the phone, they need to walk away from the group....

I really hate it, when I'm speaking to someone on the phone, and they put me on hold to answer a call, and then come back and say, they have to get going...

Now I can understand if it's an emergency, however, it's very rude and uncaring to tell someone, I'm getting another call, I have to go...

If I am expecting a call from my son, I tell people when they call, I may have to hang up b/c my son usually calls at this time...but I won't take another call, when I'm on the phone with someone...also, I won't answer the phone if I have company...

how do all of you feel about it?

I hate it when people are driving and on the cell phone, I can't tell you how badly people drive when they are talking on the phone...I've seen a woman stop right in the middle of traffic???

2chickiebaby

Quote from: cremebrulee on April 11, 2010, 09:58:07 AM
I think it's so rude to be talking on a cell phone in front of others...I've noted while outside on break, if a person is on the phone, everyone else is afraid to talk, if that person wants to be on the phone, they need to walk away from the group....

I really hate it, when I'm speaking to someone on the phone, and they put me on hold to answer a call, and then come back and say, they have to get going...

Now I can understand if it's an emergency, however, it's very rude and uncaring to tell someone, I'm getting another call, I have to go...

If I am expecting a call from my son, I tell people when they call, I may have to hang up b/c my son usually calls at this time...but I won't take another call, when I'm on the phone with someone...also, I won't answer the phone if I have company...

I hate it when people are driving and on the cell phone, I can't tell you how badly people drive when they are talking on the phone...I've seen a woman stop right in the middle of traffic???

I have noticed that some people talk on the phone in malls and wherever all the time.  I think one of the reasons is that
they are insecure and want others to see them talking to other human beings.  I can't imagine talking on the phone
all the time. 

cremebrulee

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on April 11, 2010, 11:22:41 AM
Quote from: cremebrulee on April 11, 2010, 09:58:07 AM

I have noticed that some people talk on the phone in malls and wherever all the time.  I think one of the reasons is that
they are insecure and want others to see them talking to other human beings.  I can't imagine talking on the phone
all the time.

I can't either, it drives me nuts...I don't want to hear someone else's personal conversation when I'm in a store, or taking a break at work, it's really annoying. 

willingtohelp

Can we also please ban them from movie theaters?  Obviously talking in the theater is bad, but texting is just as annoying.  You see all these little lit screens and hear the buzzes as they vibrate to let people know they have a message.  I know I should be glad they're on silent, but still, it's hard to concentrate on the movie when it sounds like the theater is full of bees.

cremebrulee

Quote from: clover on April 11, 2010, 08:34:49 PM
Can we also please ban them from movie theaters?  Obviously talking in the theater is bad, but texting is just as annoying.  You see all these little lit screens and hear the buzzes as they vibrate to let people know they have a message.  I know I should be glad they're on silent, but still, it's hard to concentrate on the movie when it sounds like the theater is full of bees.

If that happens again, you should get up and tell the manager...you pay money to see a movie, you shouldn't have put up with that?  People have forgotten about the personal space and privacy of others....it's a shame...it is teaching people about being and individualist and to heck with everyone else. 

I was walking down the hallway at work and someone was behind me, talking, I thought they were on the phone, however, it was someone who knew me....but I'm so used to people talking on the phone, I didn't turn around....