March 28, 2024, 09:34:33 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Help me!!!!

Started by Mommy69, January 04, 2012, 02:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doe

Quote from: Mommy69 on January 21, 2012, 03:42:33 PM
If she comes around, I am not going to shun her but she will see a change in me because a change occurred when she went back to him last night.  I do not feel the same. 

Boy - I had to take a deep breath after reading all that.  I had all sorts of replies brewing but when I saw this, I had to smile. 

I'm happy that you experienced this change.  I see this as spark of self respect coming back.  Take care of it!  It may seem to wink out or go away as you get stronger, but it's still there.  There is hope and a way to a better life and you can make it.  Once you get there, you'll be in a much better position to deal with your daughter or not.  I'm sorry for all this grief but so happy for your new choices.

luise.volta

I don't know what to say...except to send love. DD is hooked on him. Logic doesn't have any part in it. It's her "addiction." Moving will at least give you some distance...but she will find you, of course. You may be "addicted" to thinking you can help her when she won't help herself. I feel so sad for all of you. As I have said previously...it looks to me like you are in crisis and we just can't go there...we have no training or skills on this site to help you through. It is dangerous to try to give advice under such circumstances and I don't know where our liability might lie. For that reason I am going to have to close this thread.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama