March 29, 2024, 03:48:53 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Stressful event coming up

Started by Pen, March 25, 2010, 09:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope

Coco - I had to smile at your pings.  I love it!
Pen - good for you!  I'm so happy to see that you and dh had a date and that you are letting the ds/dil issue ride for now.
Love and Hugs, Hope

cremebrulee

Pen, please know your in my thoughts and prayers...I do hope all goes well...keep smiling and be yourself...your a wonderful person, and it's they're losss...

Chickie...same with you...they are so loosing out by acting like this and I agree, you don't deserve that....I'm so sorry...

cocobars

Hi Pen,

I really liked the idea of a "date!" I thought about you last night and I hope you had a good time together.  Having your husband to share this with is very nice, and I would think helps you too!  I know it would help me!  I don't have the husband but I do have a very good best friend who is supportive.  It's nice to have someone to talk to who is there with you and can give the "real" hugs in person!

Letting it ride is something I would do too.  It doesn't really sound like there's much of a choice, but to wait it out and let them come to their senses.  I hope they do...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and sending you PINGS! 

cocobars

Quote from: Hope on April 01, 2010, 06:36:03 PM
Coco - I had to smile at your pings.  I love it!
Pen - good for you!  I'm so happy to see that you and dh had a date and that you are letting the ds/dil issue ride for now.
Love and Hugs, Hope
Thank you Hope!  Luise said for me to polish that wand up since I had it now and start using it!  HAHA! 

I am!  Are you ready too?  Here it comes.....   PING!!!!!!

Hope

Coco,
That ping felt good.  It had a real spring to it.  I'm going to sleep well tonight knowing I was well pinged!  Since I can't ping, I'll send you magical stardust........

Twinkle, twinkle, little star........how I wonder what you are.

How I wish I had Orly's sense of humor.  What do you think she would have sent you?
Oh, yes, don't think you're getting out of hugs.  They are coming your way no matter if you want them or not...........brace yourself. 

BIG HUGS, BIG HUGS, BIG HUGS, BIG HUGS, BIG HUGS, BIG HUGS, BIG HUGS

Hope

cocobars

Oh Hope!  I felt that and it went straight to my heart!

Pen

Thanks for my *pings,* Coco! DH & I had a nice time together on our date; we thoroughly enjoyed it and plan to repeat it more often. It helped erase the bad memories from the previous weekend with DS & DIL. In the meantime DS sent a text that, in its silly way, confirmed that he loves me. I'm pretty easy; that's all it takes to lighten my mood!

This is kind of embarrassing, but after all this time I'm not really sure what a *ping* is, but it seems like it's a good thing.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cocobars

Pen, I'm so happy you had a good time! And, also that you got that well deserved text from DS!  Yes, I would be happy about that too!  What a nice evening!  I don't know what the text said, but after your heart being broken the weekend before, I would almost believe he "knows" how hurt you must have felt.  I take things like that as encouraging.  But that's just me and I'm happy you are taking it the same way.  Keep thinking positive thoughts, and I believe they have much more chances of coming true!

Believe....   PING!

Oh!  And pings;  When you reach 1,000 posts Luise will give you a magic wand (imaginary of course).  At that time you will be able to send out magic "PINGS" from that wand, to wish others into feeling better.  The funny thing I've noticed about this is, that it seems to work!  When we are PINGED it does seem to make us smile.  I guess it's like feeling someone has "blessed" me, when Luise has sent that to me in the past!  If you look back into some of the old posts, we were all talking about having a magic wand to "ping" everything and everyone better!  That's when Luise started sending "PINGS."  It was imaginary but I also noticed that it really did seem magical.  I saw a lighter mood from the women who received those pings.  Of course, Luise's pings always work better, but they are all nice!

Hugging you Pen!

Pen

Thank you, Coco. I'm trying to think of a "baby ping" we can send out before we reach Big Ping status. I thought of "putt" but that sounds rude :)
And yes, I do believe :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cocobars

hehehe!  It would be hard to smile if someone sent me "puts!"  Sounds like gas...  I guess we had better put on our thinking caps...

magical pingys?  zaps?  tings?  magic crystals? ;) (your expression)  bings?

Of course we have to get Luise's ok, and she may even come up with a great "word" too, but we should wait until she's feeling more like herself.

cocobars

Pen, I'm cracking up here!  I love you!!!!

cocobars

That's OK Anna!  I did the same thing too, before ping status came about!  HAHA!  I happen to think those are "good  boo-boo's!"  go for it!  I won't look!!!