April 16, 2024, 03:18:26 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise's Worry Post

Started by cocobars, March 31, 2010, 04:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Post - Thank you, I am so appreciative of your thoughtfulness. It makes all the difference in getting through this.

Hope - You remember about my foot? Amazing, I fractured that in November! I have had some trouble because all of this with Val going into nursing has kept me on my feet a lot. Soaking in Epsom salts does help and so does putting it up. I got one of those walker carts that you push and I use that when I'm walking our dog. I can take some of the weight off of it that way. And I drive over to nursing and back...only a block. Thanks for asking
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

Anna - Thank you. We're creating a new relationship in a way and I think we're going to make it. My two visits to nursing each day are nurturing both of us and it's becoming a routine we enjoy. I have a long way to go to get my energy back because I become so run down from care giving but I am resting a lot.

Bless your heart for asking...(all of you!)

luise.volta

What a lovely prediction! Yes, deep within me I do feel that. Whew...

Hope

Luise, You've been sounding very good lately.  I'm seeing more of your posts.  Are you feeling as good as you sound?  You been okay?  Foot improving any?  And how is Val doing?
Big Hugs coming your way.........Hope

luise.volta

Well, that's sweet. Thank you for asking, Hope. (What a lovely name for you. You bring hope to a lot of people.)

I am spending about 3 hours a day over in nursing with Val. That's about the same amount of time that we interacted at home one-on-one...the rest of the time he was sleeping and it's about the same over there. So, my very limited energy is going into maintaining a close relationship against all odds. I take the dog over on my first visit and I share dinner with him on the second trip. We take long walks in the halls and we watch his Digital Picture Frame slide show.

The other 21 hours a day I am resting and healing and finding my way back.

Hope

Oh, Luise, if anyone can make it through this challenging time, it's you!  I feel that you have made the best possible move even if it is not what you dreamed of having.  Sometimes there aren't any great choices, so we have to choose the best of what's left and that's exactly what you did.  It sounds as though your quality time together is about the same as it was before the nursing home and you, my friend, have less demands draining your energy.  In time your battery will be fully charged and your get-up-and-go will be back (even if it doesn't seem possible now).  Val is so fortunate to have a loving dw who keeps life interesting and gives him something to look forward to each day.  You are a model of determination, devotion and dedication - the three 'd's (I just thought of that).  Another thought just popped in my head - it's too bad you can't have Coco's gs's atv to ride around on.  Me, Too could walk beside you as you drive.  LOL!  Anything to save that poor foot more pain.  Hang in there - I believe each day will get a tiny bit better.  At least you can be assured that all your WWU friends are cheering for you and have you in their thoughts and prayers.
Sending love your way.............Hope

PS:  Thanks for your kind words about my name.

cremebrulee

Luise....you and Val are in my thoughts and prayers...how is Val doing?  How is his outlook?  He is very fortunate to have your companionship...big hugs and sending positive karma?

luise.volta

Creme - I appreciate so much that I have your support. Thank you for asking. Val is settling in and asking less and less about leaving. He doesn't remember my two-a-day visits...but he is responding to the rhythm of them. He has a naturally sweet disposition and that helps a lot...he's in a kind of sate of Grace, I think.