April 19, 2024, 12:11:57 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise's Worry Post

Started by cocobars, March 31, 2010, 04:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I was better this morning. Right now I am exhausted and weeping again...and see no hope...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Hope

Luise,
My heart is yours.  Just take an hour at a time and it will get better in time.  Everything is going to be all right - your love for each other will see you through.  We are all here to support you.
Hugs, Hope

luise.volta

Thank you. I had no idea I'd burned the candle down to a nub...

2chickiebaby

Quote from: luise.volta on April 01, 2010, 07:23:20 PM
I was better this morning. Right now I am exhausted and weeping again...and see no hope...

Luise, I'm so sorry!  You know that you would tell us that it's darkest before the dawn....you would be telling us that
we are on a journey of self discovery.  I know you would.....I don't know if that helps but we're here and just put your fingers on the keys are up we pop.  The little family of "learning as we go people".  We're here for you. 

I am nuttier than a fruitcake these days but at least I'm here.  Take a seat and just be here with us.  We need you. 
Much love!!   

luise.volta

I was OK this morning. I will be OK tomorrow morning. I just have no staying power. In my heart and soul, I'm OK.  Physically and emotionally, I'm neither present nor accounted for. It is very difficult right now for me because I didn't heed the signs and create an intervention for myself until it was too late. Others tried (for years) but I wouldn't listen.

cocobars

You can't be upset with yourself for not listening.  You have finally done something that I believe will make your life easier (and Val's too) in the long run.  He will be right down the street from you and you will still be there for him.  I know you miss him dearly, and getting used to an empty living room is hard, but hopefully when Kirk replaces the recliner you will feel better.  Take it an hour at a time for now, and "a day at a time" will come when you're ready.  I do believe it will come though and you are in my thoughts constantly while you are going through this.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Luise and as always, hugging you very tightly from here.  I do hope you feel that!

2chickiebaby

Luise,
How are you today?  Hope you're doing better and the night's sleep did some good.  Sending you love from your e-family.

luise.volta

Chickie - I weep from appreciation as well as exhaustion. My e-family means everything to me. Thank you!

cocobars

Sending you hugs Luise...

luise.volta

I feel it, Coco. Thank you. You are all the light of my life!

Hope

Luise,
You will get stronger each day - you are a survivor!  How was your dinner with Val?  You have the outing to look forward to on Wednesday, too.  Do you, Val, Kirk, and Sandy have plans for Easter?
The sun will shine again.  Hugs, Hope

2chickiebaby

Luise,
we're here for you!!! Sending you something special....I think you'll remember this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n92ATE3IgIs

luise.volta

Well, Chickie, when I tried to watch it, it said "Embedding Disabled Upon Request." I wonder what that translates to in English? But I sure do remember Moonlight Serenade!

And Hope, Kirk is in San Jose visiting a friend for the weekend and Sandy didn't come over with him because she hates the winter weather.

I love going over each night and having supper with Val but the dining room in a nursing home, even the best, is a zoo. We call it a "date", however and I'm doing my best not to sit there and cry. That's progress.

2chickiebaby

Oh, I so hoped you'd get it, Luise.  I knew you'd like it.  I love it.  It was before I was born but I love it so.

Dinner with Val there has to be so hard!!  I'm glad you're close and you know that if all of us were close, we'd have dinner
ready and eat with both of you every night. Love you, Luise.

Trying again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n92ATE3IgIs

cocobars

Thinking about you today, Luise.  Hoping you're doing much better, but keeping you in my heart!  Sending you big hugs...