April 18, 2024, 04:08:49 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Worst Christmas ever

Started by jill, December 22, 2011, 06:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jill

Hi everyone,
Some of you may remember my story.  I have two dds, odd and I are estranged, and she is keeping my gd from seeing me.  Ydd and I do not have a close relationship, but I do see her when she needs me to babysit, I will be spending Christmas Day with her and gss.  Today I received an email from my gd, I get them once in a while, usually in response to a little video I send her, she will be visiting her aunt (ydd) on Christmas eve, and is hoping she will see me there.  I have not been invited Christmas eve and this is the only opportunity I will have to give her the gifts I have for her.  I have not sent them by mail because I was hoping I would get to see them sometime.  Ydd does not want me there because I will see her Christmas Day, and I know she can visit with her sister without me. But this is the only opportunity I will have to see gd.   Ydd is now mad at me, I am really sad about not seeing gd.  I will have to send her gifts next week by courier,   right now I feel like spending Christmas Day under the covers.  These two girls and my grandchildren are my only famiy, I have been divorced many years, Christmas used to be my favourite time of the year.    I am feeling really sorry for myself and just had to post.             Jill

Gidget

Hi Jill, just a small note to let you know you are now alone.  I also have an estranged DD who has a 2 months old boy who I will probably never hold in my arms.  I really know how you feel and wish I could get under the covers with you.

On the other hand when I hear about other moms having to deal with the death of their child I think we are lucky in some way because for us there is still hope that we might be in our kids life one day.  Hang in there, you can do it and so can I.
Hugs.

luise.volta

J - The place we often write a first post from is self-pity. We don't stay there but most of us have to start there and wade through it when we get hit broadside. Welcome back but/and I am sorry grief is stalking you. You are understood here...we all walk the walk in one way or another (or have) or we wouldn't be here. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama