April 23, 2024, 04:07:30 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Visited Son and Family

Started by Momma Cat, March 29, 2010, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Momma Cat

DS called yesterday and asked if we wanted to see our DGD!  You never saw two people get out the door and into the car so fast in your life.  When we got to his house, we noticed that DIL's car was in the driveway.  We rang the doorbell and son told us to come in.  He was holding our little GD and handed her over to me to hold.  Pure bliss!!!  I wish I could post the picture of me holding her as it says it all.  DIL came in and I went over and hugged her, told her thank you so much, and let's forget the past and start over.  She hugged me back and agreed.  Her brother and his partner came over so it was nice to see them too.  DS and DIL invited us to DIL's birthday cookout tomorrow at the park, which we are looking forward to.  DIL said all she wanted for her birthday was all of us being there together! 

Don't know what DS said to her, but he worked a miracle.  Going to move forward very carefully and be very careful of what I say and do.  Got a second chance and I don't intend to blow it.  Hugs,  Momma

Hope

Momma, what great news!  I'm so happy for you.  Miracles do happen ;).  Have fun at the family get together.  You are wise to move carefully. Love and hugs, Hope

Pen

I'm so happy for you and your family! Thank you for sharing this wonderful news. I love hearing about good things happening to people who've been dealing with tough stuff. I'm sure you won't blow it; enjoy this new phase with DS, DIL & DGD.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cocobars

Oh Momma!  That is great news!  It sounds like things are moving in wonderful directions and they are sharing that little GD with you and your husband.  Good for DS - for whatever he said!

Good for you too!  I know your heart is singing, and your car is resting from the heavy footed drive to DS and DIL's yesterday!  HAHA!

Sending big hugs your way! 

womenrule123

Hello there!
I'm very excited for you! It's a new beginning! May your family develop stronger bonds with each other over the years! I'm glad your son reconnected the bridge between each of you. Adult children still need their parent's active within their life...it's essential. Enjoy your grandchildren! XOXO

momX3

MommaCat,

What wonderful news.  I am thrilled for you and your husband.

Enjoy your GD.  How old is she?
I am sending positive thoughts your way.  Things will be fine as I know everyone is anxious to have close family ties.
The fact that DS called and asked you to come over speaks volumes. DS and DIL have missed you too.

Enjoy each other.  Happy thoughts and hugs coming your way.  :)

cremebrulee

OMG MOMMA!!!!  I'm sitting here holding back tears of joy!!!!  Thank God!!!!! This is such wonderful news....and what you said to DIL took not only courage, but it was so kind of you to say to her, and the fact she hugged you back and agreed....how wonderful!  I'm so proud of you...and happy for all of you...especially your son, the fact that you and DIL did this in front of him and together, can you just imagine how he must have been beaming....it will certainly talk a lot of pressure off of him.

Thank you for sharing and enjoy and be happy!

Hugs
Creme