March 28, 2024, 06:11:09 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Christmas Blessings

Started by lancaster lady, December 19, 2011, 02:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudyJudyJudy

Merry Christmas Wise Ladies,

I am happy about Christmas even though I will spend it without my AD and Grandson.  However, I have learned through all this that love can come from other sources and pray that my AD and Grandson are finding love in their lives too!

Pooh

Hoping everything is going well with you LL.  Missing you!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Dearest Pooh !

wishing you a Happy Healthy 2012 !
Hard to explain really , healthy enough , just in a fragile state for no reason whatsoever !
Hormones perhaps ?
Pick yourself up , dust yourself off  and start all over again .......I am singing this song , but can't dance
like Ginger Rogers ....lol
I'll be back !!
love you Pooh ...x

Pooh

Love you too LL!  We'll be here!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Yes, we're here for ya LL, whenever you need us. Keep dusting!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Shelby

Quote from: lancaster lady on January 05, 2012, 07:15:26 AM

Hard to explain really , healthy enough , just in a fragile state for no reason whatsoever !

Lancaster - take care of yourself.  You're entitled to be in a fragile state.  It's NOT for NO reason.  The adjustment to news from the one son can't be expected to happen overnight, and the troubles with the other son and DIL naturally cause stress.  So of course you're not wallowing in it, but you are entitled to feel what you feel, and take time to adjust. 

Take care.  We care.

lancaster lady

you know Shelby ....this forum holds some of the kindest ladies on earth .
Your post reminds me of all the friends I have made, the kind you find and keep forever .

I suppose a New Year makes you reflect on the previous one , and it's one I'd like to forget .
My Ds got married and that held no happiness for me whatsoever , which in itself is sad .
I can't even look at the photos without feeling sad , how bad is that ? The reason ?
I still feel he married the wrong person ...time will tell .
My health hit rock bottom ....plus a load of financial worries .....a recipe for disaster .
This economic climate is a killer for self employed people , especially when you can't see a light at the end
of the tunnel ...:(
I can't even paint ....I have to be in a happy place to paint .

Enough of this wallowing ...something will happen to lift my spirits I know .......hope it comes soon .
Meanwhile I thank you lovely ladies for caring , sharing and just being there , and most of all understanding ,
it means a lot .Thankx .

Pen

LL, it might start with a nice cup of tea or a snuggle with your cat...and build from there.

I was having a really sad time after the holidays, lots of let downs and disappointments regarding family, work, business. One morning I decided to focus on making myself the best possible cappuccino, took it out to the patio and sat w/my long-suffering kitty. What is, is. But no one can take that 20 minutes of bliss from me!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

lancaster lady

Thanks Pen ..  perhaps the winter weather of grey skies and dark days matches my mood , but I see the spring bulbs pushing through the soil . A sign of growth , new beginnings and life . I'm at the next stage methinks , ready to retire and travel .... problem is to move on I have to get rid of the old , and there is nobody on the horizon who wants to buy !  I love kitties , I.used to breed Persians many moons ago , now I have a llasa Apso pooch , who sleeps with us ....lol . She is a character and loves to perform and show off .....cute as a button .

Doe

LL,

A system that might work for you:

Years ago, I read a book called "The Artist's Way".  She recommended that you spend time in the morning writing 3 pages of anything in long hand.  Then at some point in the day you spend time deliberately filling your bucket with some aesthetic or something that inspires.  (getting it out and pulling it back in)

A quote from her website is:  "In order to retrieve your creativity, you need to find it. I ask you to do this by an apparently pointless process I call the morning pages."

I'm not a follower but she came to mind when I read your message.

lancaster lady

Thankyou Doe ,

I kinda use WWU as my ''mourning pages ''...you guys usually get all my woes , and yes it helps me
enormously.
I don't think I could bore you every day though ....but I know you are all there , and that's a comfort .
I'm getting there ...thanks for caring ... :)

Pooh

I understand LL.  I haven't been able to paint in a couple of years.  I pull the stuff out, sit down and go "blah".  I tried to make myself and the picture turned out totally horrible.  So I packed everything up and put it away, knowing that I will pull it out again someday, when I feel inspired.  But, it's been driving me bonkers to not do something artistic, so at Christmas, I took up crocheting.  My Mother has done it for years and I'm always in awe of her beautiful afghans and such.  So, I took my happy hiney down to the local hobby store, bought some yarn, a couple of crochet hooks and youtubed a beginner afghan. 

It's given me such delight to sit down for an hour in the evenings, right before bed and crochet.  It's starting to look really nice and I feel like I'm using some artistic talent! Lol.

So, put the paints away for now and find another outlet!  You can do it!
Joseph Campbell