March 28, 2024, 11:07:30 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

MISTAKES... Willing To Help

Started by cocobars, March 28, 2010, 03:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

March 28, 2010, 03:53:30 PM Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 04:25:39 PM by cocobars
I have to come back in and tell everyone about this!  I received an email from someone we all thought was not being honest with us.  We (especially me) jerked the welcome mat out from underneath her and showed her the door.

I think you need to read this because I think it's very important:

your opinion is valuedSunday, March 28, 2010 5:14 PM

From: "WiseWomenUnite.com" <kv@kirkvandenberghe.com>View contact detailsTo: lisacmatthews@yahoo.comYou have just been sent a personal message by willingtohelp on WiseWomenUnite.com.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Dear Coco,

As someone who can relate to being drummed out of the group (heck, I didn't make it a day), I hope you'll stay involved.  I enjoy reading your opinions and can tell that the group also values your imput.  Also, as someone who really wanted to get advice from you and the other "wise women" here, you have an opportunity that not everyone has.  Don't pass it up beause of one or a few PMs.  You fit in here where others like me have to sort of stay on the fringes.  Take advantage of the experience here, because for those who can participate, it seems to be so wonderful.

I apologize if you didn't want to hear my two cents, but I didn't want to see you throw away something that is really a great thing.  I hope you'll reconsider.

She signed this letter in her own (real) name.  The reason I'm posting this is that I can see clearly that I was mistaken about this woman.  I thought she had motives.  This simple act of kindness to me from someone I basically threw out, is so very wise and smacks of belonging to this group here!

I hope everyone here will let me invite her back in.  I don't want anyone feeling as though she shouldn't be here, but I believe this email is worth much more than words!  It's tells me that I have made a "silent" member out of someone who really deserves to be here!

Please post your opinions here, now that you have this copy (word for word and unchanged other than deleting her name).  I would hope this email means to everyone else what it meant to me and personally, I would like to apologise to you, "willingtohelp" for my own weakness at recognising the "WISE" woman who was offering to help!  And aparently still is, even after being treated so badly on her first visit here.

Willingtohelp, if you will openly come into this forum, I will!  I won't do it alone, but with you here I will!  OK? 

I'm so sorry that I didn't see you for who you really are.  I hope you accept my sincere apologies and post your thoughts and feelings here in this circle - where I believe you belong.  I think you are a very wise and unselfish woman.

Thank you for writing to me...

2chickiebaby

Coco, first of all I am beyond thrilled to see your sweet name again!! I love you, we all love you.  I wonder what happened to the one who wrote you?  Was it something someone said?  I guess it was.  I hope she'll come back. 

You stay too, Darlin.....we need you, we need each other.

2chickiebaby

Come back, Coco
Come back to where you belong
Come back and help us understand...
hold our hand all day long

When you leave it's not the same
it makes a difference when you're gone
Come back Coco, come back
Come back to where you belong.

cocobars

I don't know what to do with you!  You are the sweetest friend, Chickie!

2chickiebaby

I wrote you a poem....did you see it?  I really am begging you to stay.  IT's not the same without you. 

cocobars

I loved the poem.  I did receive that PM through my emails from willing and realized I had made a mistake with her and pushed someone out that really belonged.  I'll come back if she will and I wrote her a PM asking her to check this post. 

I believe we were both pushed out in a way.  If she is still "willing" I would like to come back in with her.  Two "black sheeps" return like bad pennies...  LOL!

cocobars

That email really got to me.  It took courage to write that to someone who was adamant about her "not belonging here."

2chickiebaby

Oh my Lord!! I suffer from severe guilt complexes on top of all my other problems.  Did I push her out?  Oh, I hope not!  Was it something I said?  Actually, the earth's axis can be tilted by me uttering a single word!!!

cocobars

Chickie, if you look back at her original post, I believe it was me that got the doubt's rolling and jerked away the welcome mat.  That's why I feel so bad now.  I pushed her out and others just "manned the canons!"

At least that's what I remember.

2chickiebaby

I did look and all her posts have been removed.  It shows nothing.

cocobars

I remember her.  Her post caused a big division here.  I think it was removed because of the division it was causing.  I remember it was me who had doubts and I was adamant that she didn't belong.  I saw red flags, but I was wrong obviously.  This is proof and I believe she needs to stop being a "silent" member.  I was the main one showing her the door and I feel I need to invite her back.  This should come directly from me, but I also think she needs the invitation from others too.  I believe her feelings were deeply hurt and she needs to know we want her here.

2chickiebaby

2chickiebaby

I swear, this is just like Day of our Lives.  We have so much drama here that we don't even need soap opera's.  Lord!!!

cocobars

Amazing that someone would write that letter to the person responsible for her exit and the begining of her "silent" membership..

Yes, Willing I want you here too!  As a matter of fact I want to come in with you.  I believe we've both been through the same thing and I believe you are brave and compassionate - definately unselfish. 

Can't be much wiser than that.

cocobars

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on March 28, 2010, 04:56:52 PM
I swear, this is just like Day of our Lives.  We have so much drama here that we don't even need soap opera's.  Lord!!!
I GUESS WE ARE THE SOAP OPERA!