March 28, 2024, 04:35:53 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

MISTAKES... Willing To Help

Started by cocobars, March 28, 2010, 03:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

All kidding about my huge information-deficit concerning TV aside...(and it's endless!), I am really impressed with all of you.

Most especially to Clover for not giving up on us; for being "willing" to understand our initial response and for hanging in there..."willing" to heal the break. That's a lot of Willing! She kept the door open with me and then took a "where does an alien go to register" stance with some of our members via PM. That's remarkable.

Following through: those members backed down and regrouped. They listened, contributed and expanded. Do you all see the beauty of their combined efforts? I'm sure you do. I just wanted to celebrate. We are Wise Women!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

And if clover had  not been willing and brave, we never would have seen nor had the chance! 

Thanks again clover!  We are happy you're here and you deserve to be here!   :)

willingtohelp

Thanks to all for letting me join in the fun.  And to Luise, I love the soap opera.  I watched them a couple of times in the past and wondered how anyone could get into them since they're so outrageous.  Then I lived life a bit longer and realized that sometimes life is so much crazier than the soaps.

Hope

Coco - Do you think your Coco (dog) sent the birds and squirrels to comfort you?
Hugs, Hope

luise.volta

cocobars

Quote from: Hope on March 29, 2010, 09:02:02 PM
Coco - Do you think your Coco (dog) sent the birds and squirrels to comfort you?
Hugs, Hope

That really is a lovely thought, but no I don't think she did send them.  She was alive at the time and was at my side already.  She did however become great friends with all of them and I have pictures somewhere of her nose to nose with a squirrel.  She never harmed any of them.  I believe God sent the birds and squirrels.  You can read my post about it if you haven't already.  It's in the inspiration folder.  Thanks Hope!

cocobars

By the way, Hope, if you look up the "Birds and Squirrels" posting in the Inspirations folder, look around in there.  There are some other wonderful writings.  There is another one that will really touch your heart that Luise wrote for her DIL.  It's called "Poem to My DIL,"  she has had alot of comments about that poem in these threads.

Enjoy!

luise.volta

And when I sent her that poem, she called me up in tears and said, "Oh, Momma..."  :D

Hope

I can't wait to read the poem Luise wrote her dil.  I'm going to get to business right away.  i already read the bird/squirrel story, Coco, and loved it!
Hugs, Hope