April 18, 2024, 12:19:05 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

MISTAKES... Willing To Help

Started by cocobars, March 28, 2010, 03:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

Come back, Willing!!  Please!! 

2chickiebaby

Just don't say:  "you are NOT the baby's father!!!"

willingtohelp

To Coco and anyone else...

Please don't think you took away the welcome mat, I did it to myself.  I came and posted, and as you might have guessed, I'm more of a science person than a verbal person.  I ruffled feathers and saw a group that I'd come to admire be hurt by what I'd posted, so I deleted my own post and apologized to Luise.  Creme and Luise have been giving me advice through PMs and I've been trying to catch snippets here and there to apply to my own situation. 

To Coco

Thank you for the invitation, and I'm glad you're back as well,  I may change my name to leave some of the past behind, but all I wanted to say with my original name is that I'm really here to be helpful and to be helped by you gals.  I just knew so many people here had been hurt by some rotten apples, and I wanted to let you know I'm not in that barrel and don't want to cause any problems. 

cocobars

Willing, I DID take away that welcome mat.  But I had it drycleaned today and now that it's dry I hope you will walk back in here and join us.  I hope we can understand your fears and your feelings and find a new space for you to sit here!  Right next to me - the other bad apple!  LOL!

I'm happy you're here and that you found room in your heart to be here.  I'm ready to be here if you are and would be honored to have you reply to my posts and get your opinions and advice.

As you can see, I need it very much!

Feel that?  It's me hugging you!  I hope you do...

cocobars

Chickie, she is not the baby's father!   ;D

Hmm.  This feels good!  All these wonderful wise women welcoming another one to the circle of friends.  I wonder what we will learn from eachother?  The possibilities are endless... :)

luise.volta

Well, I think we all have to realize that when we get this close we are bound to step on toes. We all belong here.  That's my belief...unless we come in full of hate and vengeance. 

I have left for months on end because I couldn't cope with the rest of my life and had nothing left for our forum.
willingtohelp and I have remained friends and connected...and Coco is a cornerstone. We just have to ride the waves that are part of life. We're naturally sensitive. That may at times be a liability but it's also what makes for compassion and empathy...and that's the fuel that runs WWU. This is an intense forum. Would we really want it any other way?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

Luise, I wouldn't want it any other way.  Oh!  And thank you Chickie, for writing to me.  You made it really hard for me to stay out, but then willing sealed my fate!  Very wise and compassionate women!

I have to go for a bit.  Got some driving to do - I'm the cab...

Can you press pause?  Oh! That's right, you can't pause soap operas!  Almost forgot ;)

willingtohelp

You are correct, I am not the father.  That would be quite a feat of engineering indeed!

willingtohelp

I decided to take Luise's suggestion and shed the old screen name.  I am still not the father, but I now share a name with my dog.  Does that add to the soap opera?

luise.volta

Oh, yes! (Violins..) "Will Clover wake up from her coma and realize that her worst fears have come true???? Is she actually a dog that was once the Abbot of the Monastery where being called a Father were so confusing that he forgot he was a girl??? Tune in tomorrow!  (More violins.)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

HAHAHA!  (evil laugh) but Clover, I am named after my old companion coco who passed away, but I still love her (and chocolate too - brownies/bars).

Chickie will be upset that you are not the father... (Du du du done).  She will have to find out who is now :)

Clover is good!  Irish and springy!  I think you belong here!

2chickiebaby

it's so hard when Maury says:  "you are NOT the father"!!!  The woman sits there, then falls to the ground screaming and can't believe it....  No !!!!

She was so sure he was the father!! Now, who is it?  Sometimes she has to come back and go through more possible
Daddy's.  It's awful!!  The whole thing starts again.  Sometimes, he says, "I ain't your baby's Daddy, he's Chinese!!" (the man is not and neither is she)  The presents a whole new set of  problems.

Sometimes he IS the father!!! Boy, this is when it gets good.  She dances around and points.  She gets real happy,
especially if her Mother is there.

cocobars

THAT'S IT!!!

DS is the father!  He goes by DH too sometimes!

;D

Or, maybe it's Maury?

cocobars

OH!  Mom?  Can you come over here?

2chickiebaby

could be....you never know, Coco.  8)