March 28, 2024, 02:47:17 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

83 and Counting

Started by luise.volta, March 09, 2010, 07:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassy

Hope

I'm behind the times, but that doesn't mean my wishes are any less sincere.  Wishing you all the happiness you deserve throughout this new year, Luise.  Happy birthday, wise one!  I was elated to read that Kirk was there to share your special day with you.......what a wonderful son you have!  You done good, as I like to say.  Keep celebrating.
Big bear hug to you.   Hope

luise.volta

Thanks so much for those kind words. You can go to the Home page and under Open Me first...you can read How This Happened...where Kirk has posted. There's a picture of him there, too. Quite the "kid." (Age 55.) He lives with his Sandy on Kauai. They built a home there but he comes over for a month for my birthday...(has a little park model RV just seven miles down the road). They both come for four months in the summer because they don't like the Hawaii heat and humidity. (Lucky me!) Sandy is totally wonderful! I mean it! Kirk has plenty of room in his heart for both of us and we both have plenty of room in our hearts for each other. It's a heart-thing.

When Kirk introduces me to anyone, he says, "This is my oldest friend, my Mom."  8) And when his friends on Kauai can't believe he really *wants* to come over and see me, he says, "Well, you haven't met my Mom!"  ;D

I had four sons in eight years. The eldest died tragically at 52, leaving a lot between us unresolved. The second was premature and died shortly after birth. The third was stillborn and the last one was Kirk.

When we hang out we talk our heads off...and he teases me ruthlessly every chance he gets.  :) ;) :D ;D 
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

The last baby was Kirk.  Last sometimes becomes first in your heart!  I think you were both blessed with eachother, and then Sandy too!  He could have chosen a DIL who made your life a living hell, but instead found one who brought you closer to heaven! 

I know this is a nice birthday - with your "oldest and best friend!"

luise.volta

Well, he did that, too...but the EDIL (E for evil) is long gone!  8)

Hope

Luise, I'm still getting acquainted with my new friends and appreciate the background info.  So sorry to learn of your losses - but I believe your oldest son had a nice reunion with his angel brothers.  BTW, Kirk and I are the same age!  Luise, you are a special person for sure and so full of goodness, wit and wisdom.  Kirk isn't lying when he says he enjoys his visits with you.  Who wouldn't?  You are young at heart and so full of life with love to share with all.  The four of you (you, Val, Kirk and Sandy) are so blessed to have eachother.  And we are blessed to be your friends......
Hugs, Hope

luise.volta

You are definitely an "old friend I just met!" That's how it feels. Thank you!  ;)

cremebrulee

Luise, you certainly do have an old friend in your son, as you are blessed in him...he and his wife both are so thoughtful and kind...loving and considerate....they love you, and that is understandable...I believe everyone would agree that your so easy to love....your kindness and compassionate soul is one of a kind...

Hugs and thank you always
Luv
Creme

luise.volta

Creme - You feel like and old friend, as well. Isn't that remarkable? I think we are all one-of-a-kind, don't you? What a wonderful e-family we have here! ;D