April 16, 2024, 09:24:56 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Does Anyone?

Started by cremebrulee, March 12, 2010, 03:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

Does anyone have a quick and easy recipe for a moist breakfast cake?

cocobars

Absolutely,  I'll send you a couple...

2chickiebaby

Creme,
I'm co-dependant and until you get a recipe, I'm going to be thinking it's my responsiblity to get you one.

I have problems. 

Please get one for Creme, somebody, or I'll have a breakdown.

cocobars

March 12, 2010, 03:54:38 PM #3 Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:34:10 AM by cocobars
Cranberry Kuchen

Topping
1/2 lb fresh cranberries
1/2/cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Juice of an orange

Batter
2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp sour cream
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

Preheat oven to 350.  Butter and flour and 8" round baking dish (oven proof). In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the topping.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and cook until cranberries are soft.  About 10 min.  Set aside.
In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time.  Mix flour and baking power.  Stir into the butter mixture, alternating with milk and sour cream.  Stir in spices.
Pour batter into pan and top with the cranberry mixture.  Bake for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown.

This one is delightful by slicing (like a pie) and putting into bowls in the morning.  Serve warm, and sprinkle with sugar, pouring cream over the top (kind of like cereal).  You can use half and half instead of cream - I've done that and it's delicious and warm!

2chickiebaby

Oh, thank you, thank you....I can get that off my mind. Creme has a cake now

cocobars

March 12, 2010, 03:59:06 PM #5 Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:45:03 AM by cocobars
Warm Cinnamon Coffee Cake

Cream together:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar

then add;
4 eggs
1 pint sour cream (2 cups)
2 tsp vanilla

Mix together the following and add gradually to the above mixture:
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt

Pour into 2 large loaf pans, greased and floured:

Topping:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup pecans
2 tbsp cinnamon
Mis topping together and pour over batter in pans:  swirl with knife

Bake at 350 for about an hour, 10 minutes...

cocobars

Let me know if that's good.  I have a wonderful one that isn't a cake, but feeds an army.  It's a breakfeast recipe that is a caserole...

cremebrulee

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on March 12, 2010, 03:42:32 PM
Creme,
I'm co-dependant and until you get a recipe, I'm going to be thinking it's my responsiblity to get you one.

I have problems. 

Please get one for Creme, somebody, or I'll have a breakdown.

LOL....

cremebrulee

Coco, with all your existing problems right now, bless your heart, that you took the time to help me out...

thanks so very much...I will print them up and try them....

Coco, know that my thoughts and prayers are with you..

hugs and luv
creme

cocobars

March 13, 2010, 06:46:17 AM #9 Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:36:18 AM by cocobars
I just changed the coffee cake - last sentence to read , 1 hour 10 minutes, not 1 hour 1 minute.  Hope you didn't print yet.  The kuchen had a typo that said mils - should have been milk in the ingredients

Thank you for the hug.

Marilyn

Coco,these sound YUMMY!!!

I'm making a copy,thanks for sharing :)

Pen

OMG! I'll have to "tweak" (oops, that's another word that means something different nowadays) these to fit our GF/CF diets, but they sound fabulous and now I'm drooling.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

renny97

mil, milk, million, it is all the same......lol  ;D

cremebrulee

Hi Coco,
When you get a chance, and there is no hurry, I would love to have the breakfast casserole recipe to....and please, don't worry about it, cuz I surely don't need it right away

cocobars

Will do.  I'm at work but will mark this as unread so I'll be reminded at home!