April 19, 2024, 03:30:30 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Happy News

Started by Momma Cat, March 12, 2010, 02:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Momma Cat

My son called today and we spoke for a couple of hours!  He told me he didn't want us out of his life, that we had been through too much together and he loved us too much.  Oh, I think I'm going to cry.  He agreed that GD needs us in her life too.   I am crying tears of joy now.  He's coming over tomorrow to see us!  Oh, I hope he brings our granddaughter!

Any advice from you wise, intelligent ladies will be appreciated.  I don't want to do anything to push him away.  I never thought this day would come!!   Hugs,  Momma

2chickiebaby

MOMMA CAT!!!!!  YAY!!!

I'm so happy for you!!! I feel like we're giving birth!  Listen:  Do not say anything negative about the DIL.  Ask about her and tel him you miss seeing her and would love to see her.

I can't tell you how important it is to do that.  I know you will but it is vital that the DIL be made to feel important.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :)  Have a wonderful time with him!!!

Marilyn

Mommacat,Thats wonderful news!!!I'm so happy for you.

I agree with Chickie,not to say any thing negative about DIL.Just let him know how much you miss all of them.

How long has it been since you have seen them?

cocobars

Oh Momma Cat! What great news! 

I agree with Chickie and Mominwaiting.  There is alot to be said for "faking it until you make it!"  Sometimes acting it out actually changes your own view!  What that does is open doors...

I'm so happy for you!  Hugging you tight!  I know you need a hug!!!!

RedRose

Momma Cat

I am happy for you too. You knew he would want you back in his life. Just show him how much you have missed him how your arms will always be open, how much you love him... let him see how much you enjoy his company!

Chicky is giving good advise about dil too.

Good Luck!

Momma Cat

Thank you all for your well wishes and excellent advice.  I can feel the love you all are sending!  You are such special ladies!  I will keep my big mouth shut about his girlfriend, even if I have to bite my tongue off.  LOL.  She is still married to someone else, so she cannot legally marry son until she gets a divorce.  But I guess that really doesn't matter because she might as well be my DIL.  Hopefully, the miracle I have been desperately wishing for is happening and our son will be back in our lives.  Will let you know how the visit went.  Big hugs to all.  Momma

momX3

I am thrilled for you Momma Cat.
I know how much these visits mean to us when our children visit.
Stay upbeat and positive and all will go well.
Enjoy that time together.

luise.volta

I hope that opening up to all of the love and understanding here somehow helped to shift the energy to make that possible. Stranger things have happened. Congratulations!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Momma Cat

DS left about two hours ago.  It was a very nice visit but DH said I was a nervous wreck.  He stayed about two hours and his girlfriend called him four times.  I didn't say anything negative about her.  Luckily, he only talked about her in general terms.  I think he was deliberately trying to be sensitive to our feelings, as we were his.  DGD is two months old today and he showed us recent pictures of her.  We are hoping we will be able to see her again soon.  But we've taken a big step as son is back in our lives and he had the courage to make it happen.   He stood up to his girlfriend for himself, his daughter, and us.  We are so proud of him.  Hugs,  Momma

luise.volta

How incredibly powerful! Good for you!!!

Marilyn

Mommacat,what great news,you must feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted off you.

I'm very,very happy for you..........and sooooooooo very proud of your son also! :)

cremebrulee

yes, I was so excited for you I forgot to say...whooo hoooo
I hope all turns out well, and from this point on, it's a new beginning...

Hugs
Creme

Momma Cat

March 13, 2010, 02:42:12 PM #12 Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:45:02 PM by Momma Cat
Creme, we had been doing exactly what you advised.  Treated her with love and respect and anyways deferred to her wishes.  Works only with DILs without personality disorders unfortunately. 

Louise, thank you!

Mominwaiting, that's exactly how I feel! 

Thanks for all the good wishes.   Big hug,  Momma

cremebrulee

Quote from: Momma Cat on March 13, 2010, 02:42:12 PM
Creme, we had been doing exactly what you advised.  Treated her with love and respect and anyways deferred to her wishes.  Works only with DILs without personality disorders unfortunately. 

Louise, thank you!

Mominwaiting, that's exactly how I feel! 

Thanks for all the good wishes.   Big hug,  Momma

Momma cat...one never knows what tomorrow may bring...so keep a real positive attitude and a stiff upper lip...

hugs to ya..

I always wondered about that saying???

how does one keep a stiff upper lip?

luise.volta

I never thought of that! Does it mean not to smile? Or not to speck?