April 19, 2024, 03:55:08 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Why Do Younger Men Like Older Women?

Started by cocobars, March 12, 2010, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

Yes, I understand Renny.  If I heard the kids comment I'd be creeped out too!  Maybe Orly was right at the begining of this thread...  It might have something to do with a dry spell and some physical activity!  I have a response in my head for men like that, but don't have the nerve to "say it out loud."  Something like taking care of my own business is probably more fun than you anyway, thank you...

Orly, would an umbrella work?  HAHAHA!

Orly

If you need it...sure.  I use my purse when I have to.....it's a lethal weapon...oo, it also counts as a concealed weapon.   Drop it on someone's foot to cripple them, then swing it to finish them off.

Orly

Quote from: renny97 on March 13, 2010, 04:35:53 PM
There is a coworker that likes older women and makes it known. He said he doesn't want kids. Yes, he asked me out. I said I am not dating at this time.

Renny,
That little statement he made could have been repeated right back to him....."No thank you...I don't want kids either, at least not for dating"  followed up with an arched stare.

Marilyn

Coco,when i divorced i was told that for how ever long you were married,cut that in half,and thats how long it takes to be totally over it.But i think this is probably a little different for every body.

cremebrulee

Quote from: cocobars on March 12, 2010, 02:49:13 PM
Orly?  Whats the best wood to buy!   ;D I mean in 2x4's? ;D

concrete!

opps, did I say that?

cremebrulee

Quote from: Mominwaiting on March 13, 2010, 05:27:12 PM
Coco,when i divorced i was told that for how ever long you were married,cut that in half,and thats how long it takes to be totally over it.But i think this is probably a little different for every body.

sheesh, it was difficult for me, took me a long time to get over it...and I refuse to even date now...no no, I'm single for the duration...LOL  and lovin it...

cocobars

Quote from: Orly on March 13, 2010, 05:19:03 PM
If you need it...sure.  I use my purse when I have to.....it's a lethal weapon...oo, it also counts as a concealed weapon.   Drop it on someone's foot to cripple them, then swing it to finish them off.
HAHAHA! I like your style!  I knew there was somethin about you, Orly! ;D ;D ;D

cocobars

March 13, 2010, 05:35:16 PM #37 Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 05:36:51 PM by cocobars
Quote from: cremebrulee on March 13, 2010, 05:28:20 PM

concrete!

opps, did I say that?
HAHAHAHA!  DO THEY MAKE THOSE TOO????

(Where can I buy one)

Orly

Quote from: cremebrulee on March 13, 2010, 05:28:20 PM

concrete!

opps, did I say that?
Creme, if you can swing it.....LOL

cocobars

OMG!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Aren't we supposed to be GRANDMA'S here????  LOL!

jkm426

Younger guys like us because we fan-fricking-tastic.....We know who we are, what want we and we know how to(how do I phrase this)make a guy happy(wink...wink...)
I am happily single, having been divorced for almost 15 years.  It would take the good Lord coming down in person, tapping me on the shoulder and saying "THIS IS HIM" for me to even entertain the idea of getting married again. 

I have gotten very selfish in the last few years.  I don't want to answer to anyone, worry about their feelings, get the OK to spend $$$ or share the remote.  I have become very attached to my remote.

cocobars

You know, I agree with that jkm.  I said that to my friend here who was trying to fix me up with her neighbor, but what I told her was that until some man knocked on my door and said "God sent me because you asked," I aint interested!

cocobars

OH!  Update...  He finally gave up asking me out.  I compared him to my son one day and told him about my grandchildren  - ALL 9 OF THEM!  HAHAHA!

He hasn't bothered me since!   ;D

Hope

What a clever way to handle the situation, Coco.  I love it!!!!  Smart woman!

Pen

You're so clever, Coco. That's a much better way to handle unwanted attention than the way my DM suggested years ago when I had to ride a city bus through a particularly sketchy part of town. Her advice? "Start picking your nose."
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb