April 18, 2024, 02:33:51 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Why Do Younger Men Like Older Women?

Started by cocobars, March 12, 2010, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

I guess that's sad huh!  It's kind of depressing, but not to me!  I really loved my husband and still do.  I've never found anyone else that compares and probably never will.  I'm find by myself.  I know this is going to sound even worse, but I consider my husband to have passed.  I have a friend who's husband passed and I think we are both alike.  The only difference being that her husband isn't here, but I might see mine again with whatever woman he has found at the time... 

Doesn't mean I don't love him anymore. I haven't found anything else worth my time. It's not conceited, I just really loved him and learned a bad lesson...

Marilyn

Oh you girls are cracking me up!!!!

Thanks i needed a good laugh!!!!

Coco,my friends husbands liked their maturity,and self confidence.

2chickiebaby

coco, is the spy's name Herbert A. Philbrick...
If it is, he leads 3 lives.

Marilyn

Coco,how long have you been divorced?And have you ever dated anybody?

cocobars

Hehehe!  No it's not.  But I can tell you this;

With death come rebirth.  I like my life just the way it is.... ;D

cocobars

Quote from: Mominwaiting on March 12, 2010, 03:28:54 PM
Oh you girls are cracking me up!!!!

Thanks i needed a good laugh!!!!

Coco,my friends husbands liked their maturity,and self confidence.
Good for them!  I do too!  If this one is worth a plugged nickel, I'll be surprised.  Now, where did I put Orly's 2x4?   ;D

Is there something wrong with me that I should be interested?  Maybe it's me....

What would any of you women here do?  Just asking. 

I think he's nice, but like I said, most of the time spooks are not!  They are not like in the movies - if it was James Bond, I would accept and them let my memories take me through.....  HAHAHA!  Die with a smile on my face!!!!!!!

2chickiebaby

Marilyn

Coco,whats wrong with enjoying his attention,telling him your only interested in friendship.If he can accept friendship only,a lot of men just don't get it.But some men do.And having a male friend is some thing very fulfilling.

Soak some of that attention up,you deserve it..........unless it just really annoys you

cocobars

Quote from: Mominwaiting on March 12, 2010, 03:32:06 PM
Coco,how long have you been divorced?And have you ever dated anybody?
I never divorced him.  He is a Lt. Col (fighter pilot retired) in the air-force.  I have great benefits to this day - medical, military bases.  PhD in Psychology.  I can't really get into what he did, because you would be here reading for days on end.....  We'll skip the boring parts...

I'm still legally married, but legally separated - go figure that one out!  HAHAHA!  I think he uses the fact that we are still "legally married" so that he doesn't have to marry anyone, because he likes the name "sugar daddy."  He has alot of problems that would be embarassing to get into.

I have had male friends and they seems to try to go further.  So, I gave up on that too!  I like attention - don't we all?  So it's nice, but I don't hurt people, so I have to let him down easy.  He only annoys me when he's right there, everytime I make a noise.  I guess I'm too sceerd!

Thank you Moninwaiting.  You make me feel good and loved!  I wish I could find someone that interests me.  I just haven't been able to.  I think sometimes there is just one person.  If it doesn't work out, then that's ok.

Orly

March 12, 2010, 05:35:00 PM #24 Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:15:35 PM by Orly
Coco,
When that right person pops up in your life....you'll be ready to put up my 2x4, until then....use it as needed.  (really, some guys NEED for you to apply it, because they just need that no given with abit of authority).  Start calling the mule-headed spy "Jasper".....YEE HAW!

cocobars

I will definately remember that!  Thank you, Orly.

RedRose

Coco,

When a husband dies...all the feelings and emotions you had for him have not disappeared...you miss him so much and you have enormous hurt in your heart...like it really is broken and you love him so much still. He died because of an accident or an illness. You will never SEE him ever again....but you will always love him.
Divorce, to me, even though some of the emotions of of dying are the same, at least one, husband or wife...did not want to be married anymore...the love was lost...but, he is still here...he is alive and well.

After 5 years, I found myself missing companionship and Love. My first husband gave me so much I wanted that again. I started dating and found what I missed so much. Amost 9 years after my first husband died I married my second (he is older than me..LOL) . We have been married over 10 years now and I am very happy.

Not that this is for you...I just wanted you to know.  (((Hugs)))

cocobars

Thanks Rose, and you're right.  Divorce or separation is really the same as death, but nobody thinks that way. Widows are given sympathy and support along with understanding.  Divorcee's are expected to be over it and move on.  It's been years.  I keep saying three years, but it will be four in June.  At this point, I don't think I'll be able to move on again.  Yes, something did break...

RedRose

March 13, 2010, 03:07:38 PM #28 Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 05:03:38 PM by RedRose
My sister divorced over 15 years ago. At the time she said she would never marry again and she hasn't and she is happy with her life. Everybody is different.

You are fine Coco...we all love you here and want the best for you.

renny97

There is a coworker that likes older women and makes it known. He said he doesn't want kids. Yes, he asked me out. I said I am not dating at this time.

I didn't like the "kids" comment. Good to know what a person wants, but I was glad when conversation was over. I guess, the "not liking kids" was why he didn't go for younger women?

He stated that older women seem more confident and know what they want, too.

It is kinda like the old addage; "Don't date a guy that doesn't like kids or pets." And, "how he treats his mother?" LOL....."Well, 2 out of 3."? j/k.