March 28, 2024, 01:13:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Spring Forward on Sunday

Started by renny97, March 12, 2010, 09:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renny97

;) Just a reminder, to set clocks forward one hour on Sunday. (DST)

Marilyn

Thank you Renny!!! :)

It's my favorite time of year :) :) :)

renny97

A time of renewal and hope.  8) I love the hot weather, too!

cocobars

Thanks Renny!  It's my favorite time of the year too, Mominwaiting!  Do you do alot of gardening?

Pen

I love spring...but then I love summer, and then fall, and then winter :) Every season makes me giddy at first, then it's just there, and then I'm ready for a change.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Marilyn

Yes I do Coco,The neighbors in my neighborhood,the ones that dont know my name,call me the lady in the yard.I'm always out side,working in the yard.I love flowers,and have lots of beautiful flower beds.And two years ago,i built a square foot garden,and have lots of veggies.It's been my therapy,and i just love nature and the out doors.

Do you like to garden too?

cocobars

Absolutely, I do Mominwaiting!

I have the vegetables and herbs too, just like you! 

IT'S ALMOST TIME TO START!! ;D  I'm looking forward to it!  What fun!

Hugs!

renny97

:D That is cute about your neighbors' name for you!

I hear ya, I love gardening, too. Maybe, therein, lies another idea for a Category or Post:
Hey! With your permission, we could call it; "The Lady in the Garden"! LOL  8)

I was thinking of a veg garden this year?

When do you usually start getting out there?

Orly

I love the seasons changing.....just leave the dang clock settings alone.....

Marilyn

Quote from: renny97 on March 12, 2010, 01:39:03 PM
:D That is cute about your neighbors' name for you!

I hear ya, I love gardening, too. Maybe, therein, lies another idea for a Category or Post:
Hey! With your permission, we could call it; "The Lady in the Garden"! LOL  8)

I was thinking of a veg garden this year?

When do you usually start getting out there?

Thats sweet Renny...........I'm getting ready to start planting beets,radishes,lettuce as soon as it stops raining

momX3

The idea of a "Lady in the Garden Post" would be wonderful.

I always feel so good when I am outside working in the yard (digging in the dirt and planting).
Then in the summer, there are the fresh vegetables that taste so much better than store-bought veggies.

I have hyacinths and daffodils blooming now and they are beautiful.

I feel like gardening/yard work is therapeutic and is a natural Prozac.   :)

cocobars

Quote from: Orly on March 12, 2010, 01:40:01 PM
I love the seasons changing.....just leave the dang clock settings alone.....
Orly, why don't you post more often?

cocobars

Quote from: momX3 on March 12, 2010, 05:47:56 PM
The idea of a "Lady in the Garden Post" would be wonderful.

I always feel so good when I am outside working in the yard (digging in the dirt and planting).
Then in the summer, there are the fresh vegetables that taste so much better than store-bought veggies.

I have hyacinths and daffodils blooming now and they are beautiful.

I feel like gardening/yard work is therapeutic and is a natural Prozac.   :)
Momx3, I agree with you!  The tastes of the homegrown vegetables are nothing like what you buy in stores!  It's as if there is a nutrient missed from the stores.