March 28, 2024, 04:06:33 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Observation from my husband

Started by 2chickiebaby, March 12, 2010, 09:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

He asked me..."have we ever been disliked by anyone that we know?"

I said, "no, not to my knowledge"

Him:  "that should tell you something"
         (he talks in what I call "Circle Talk"...takes you round and round....Drives me crazy.

Anyway, I bit and asked, "what should it tell me?"

He said, The 2 DILs are very controlling and very territorial and that we are real threatst to them.  All interested parties
had to go so they could gain control.

Luise, what did you say control was about?  I'm telling you, I've never met anyone like these 2.

cocobars

Chickie, your husband is very supportive of you! 

That's a good thing! 

Marilyn

Listen to your Hubby Chickie :)

The way i see it.......Your DIL's should feel so blessed to have YOU as a MIL.

Control,is not love.........your love is genuine.............is this why they feel threaten?

Hold your head high Chickie,focus on your good qualities......You really deserve to be happy.

renny97

Gotta love the simple way men look at things. He is very profound, too. Makes absolute sense.

2chickiebaby

Ren, yes he is profound but the Circle Talk is really dreadful.

It's like he's a lawyer and I'm on the witness stand. 

renny97

It is just "brainstorming"! LOL You two, sound like such a sweet couple!!! I love his input!

2chickiebaby

Thank you, Renny.....no one can believe this happened to us.  I can't either.

cocobars

I believe your husband was trying to get you to see that you let them get to you when you shouldn't.  He may want you to realize what a good person you have always been, but two people out of hundreds have made you feel bad.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I get from it.  I believe he's right and is supporting you and your well being.  You are such a wonderful woman that no two people should be able to upset like that.

Hugging you, Chickie! :)

Orly

Chickie,
I much prefer the "circle" talkers.  I have a "repeater".  Asks me the same thing over and over after I answer him.  Sometimes I'd like to get his attention with a two by four and then answer him..."Got it now honey?".   Thank heaven,  I listen to the angel on my right shoulder instead of the devil on the left one.  LOL.

2chickiebaby

cocobars

ROFLOL!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chickie!  You have to go see what Orly left me in "Why do you suppose??!"

Orly, you're on a roll!!!

I'm so happy you're here!!!! ;D ;D

Marilyn

Orly,you are just a hoot!!!
I have laughed so hard tonight!!!

I love it!!! :)

Hope

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on March 12, 2010, 09:01:11 AM
He asked me..."have we ever been disliked by anyone that we know?"

I said, "no, not to my knowledge"

Him:  "that should tell you something"
         (he talks in what I call "Circle Talk"...takes you round and round....Drives me crazy.

Anyway, I bit and asked, "what should it tell me?"

He said, The 2 DILs are very controlling and very territorial and that we are real threatst to them.  All interested parties
had to go so they could gain control.

Luise, what did you say control was about?  I'm telling you, I've never met anyone like these 2.

CB, I'm so happy you have your DH by your side through all of this.  I agree with everyone else - that he is supporting you which is a good thing.  You are always so uplifting to everyone on this site and I can't bear to think of your dil's not being nice to you.  It's just incomprehensible that everyone else in your life likes you, but your own dil's show unacceptance.  Believe in yourself - you are a wonderful person.

luise.volta

Orly, you are the 2 X 4 Queen!!  ;D

Chickie - I like circle talk...oh, dear, what does that say about me? :o It seems to me that what DH said is very clear; if everyone else likes you except those two, it's them...not you.

I don't know, of course, what I said about control. It seems to me that it is about supremacy. I think you are an awesome person and no matter how non-threatening you were...the DILs came away threatened (by their own fears.)

Sending love!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama