March 28, 2024, 06:10:27 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Father in law

Started by Meryl, March 11, 2010, 03:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

March 12, 2010, 08:30:11 AM #15 Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:45:57 AM by cocobars
I agree, it is hard to distinguish comments, and I've done the same, Chickie!

You and Luise have created a wonderful place for all of us to be understood!  Thank you both! ;D

Marilyn

Thank you Luise and Chickie for sharing that!And thank you both, and Kirk too,this site is by far a very treasured gift for us.The three of "you" have made that possible!

cremebrulee

Yes, what a great story...it seems as if your paths were meant to cross, not to mention
just look at all the good that came from it....

Hugs to you all
Creme

luise.volta

And if we'd had to pay our worthy webmaster, Kirk, his going rate of $200. an hour...oh, dear...when would we have ever launched? My multi-site "bill" is up over $30,000. That's pro-bono with a capital PRO, right?! Every Mother's Day...he just writes off whatever he's done over the year! He smiles when I thank him and says, "Glad to able to do it for you, Mom." And that always goes for everyone here! You guys *are* WWU! :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

Lord!  We're expensive to keep aren't we Luise?  We need to start advertising books we like when we get really popular and ask the authors for money.  YIKES!!   :P

luise.volta

Well, it's all free so why should be give a rip?  ;D ;D

Marilyn

Luise you did a great job raising Kirk.

He has your big heart,and compassion.You have to feel so proud!!!

Hope

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on March 11, 2010, 06:24:26 PM
Luise, it's because they want control and they can't have control if they are being nice.

I want to be like them.  I don't want to be nice anymore.  I want control.  I have tried to have a mean look on my face, I just can't do it. 

How do I do that?

Chickie - How do you look mean?  I hope you don't figure it out - I like smiling people and I like YOU!!!  I believe that controlling dil's turn into controlling mil's some day.  Sad.
Keep smiling..........

Hope

Quote from: Meryl on March 11, 2010, 03:02:58 PM
My father in law died this week and we are having a memorial this weekend. This is the first time my mother in law told me she was glad I was there, that I'm family!

Meryl, may I offer my condolences to you and your dh on the loss of your fil?  I can understand how difficult it must have been for you to try to adjust to your dh's family since it is so different from yours.  I would choose the close knit family any day.  It was a long time coming, but it must have felt good to hear your mil's kind words.  Wanting the best for you.......

Hope

Quote from: luise.volta on March 12, 2010, 08:12:57 AM
Well, lets see... Chickie and I met and became forever e-friends on my counseling website: www.MomResponds.com .

It doesn't lend itself to dialogue because the venue is questions and answers. She did create dialogue there with others and with me but it was cumbersome. She said there was no place on the web to dialogue without rage, judgment and accusation being involved and every attempt she had made to be heard there had been met with rejection.

So, I gave her my email address...which was a first for me...and we brainstormed on what her vision might be. We got Kirk in on it...my webmaster son...and he worked with us.  I created the design and picked the graphics and wrote the vision statement (in the upper corner of the Home page)...and Chickie was given the honor of writing the first post when we launched last year on Mother's Day.

Chickie?

The three of you (Luise, Kirk, and Chickie) make this world a better place.  Thanks for giving of yourselves and caring about others - even people you have never met!  You are an inspiration!

luise.volta

Mominwaiting - Thank you for those kind words regarding how I raised Kirk.  :D

And for the kind things you wrote about the work Chickie and I did when we partnered with Kirk to create WWU. More  ;Ds

cocobars

Meryl, I hope things go well for you today!

cremebrulee

sheesh, this thread has made me so thankful to Luise, Kirk her son and Chickie, who'd have ever thought?  Not to mention, your time, advise, Kirks expertise....yes, Luise, you did a fantastic job, Kirk is an amazing son...thank you to all of you...if it wouldn't have been for this site, maybe my DIL and I wouldn't have reconciled...? 

I am so appreciate to all of you, including the caring women who come into this site...your all very special. 

Hugs

and BRAVO!

Creme

luise.volta

What a lovely post! Thank you from all three of us. And, yes, we are seeing miracles coming out of this site. Isn't that amazing?

When you create a forum...it's a blank sheet; a nun-hypothesis. It's like giving a party and then wondering if anyone will come. Countless hours of work to get to the place of a launch...and then you hold your breath....

Pen

Meryl, my condolences on the loss of your FIL. I'm heartened to hear that you and MIL have a relationship due to your insight. What a comfort during this time!

To Luise, Kirk and Chickie, thank you for the hard work and expense of starting and running this site. I'm forever grateful.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb