April 18, 2024, 10:02:04 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Help

Started by FLUSA2005, March 10, 2010, 10:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Momma Cat

So happy for you that a good solution was found with your cousin's invitation!  You must feel so relieved now that all that pressure is off.  Happy dance for you and a big ol' hug!  Momma

Marilyn

Quote from: FLUSA2005 on March 13, 2010, 10:23:02 AM
A short update.........A married cousin has invited my husband to their house the day of my daughter's wedding. My daughter is getting married in the town where we live and my cousin lives an hour and a half away, so we will be out of town the day of the wedding. What a relief!  :D

Wonderful FLUSA,Go and have a really good time.Had you not gotten the chance to be out of town,your day might not of been as enjoyable............perfect timing for you!!! :) :) :)

Hope

Flusa - I'm so happy you found this caring site - these women are incredible!  I felt emotional reading your posts and wanting the best for you.  It's good to know you found a wonderful, loving husband.  Everyone had good points to share with you here and I'm certain you felt consoled and supported.  I agree that you must follow your heart.  Take care of yourself - you are so valuable!  Hugs, Hope

Frauke

I am new to this forum but have experienced something similar but worse. Two years ago my daughter got married without inviting me or even telling me she was doing it. She graduated from college the year before and changed the ceremony date to a day I couldn't attend.  I raised her by myself with the help of child support from her father, he did nothing else, not even a birthday card her entire life. Well, my daughter met her current husband at college and he never liked me from day one but encouraged her to have a relationship with her father and his girlfriend. Couple that with my ex's new girlfriend and ex mother-in-law telling my daughter that our relationship was not healthy and she should forgive me but cut her ties to me, which she has done for the past 2 years.  First of all my daughter and I "had" a wonderful relationship and it wasn't until she met her current husband that I became the problem. I saved her child support to pay for her college, saved my vacation every year and cashed it in to put her xmas gifts under the tree, even put my ex's name on 1/2 of the gifts, always invited my ex to all her school functions, and my daughter and I truly loved each other, back then.  Well, my ex and his new girlfriend never notified me of my daughters wedding which they planned and carried out behind my back.  They also failed to inform me that they would be attending her graduation which they never earned the right to attend by raising the child.   My ex told my daughter to stick to emailing me only for her last semester in college and then told her she should talk to me on the phone, which she later chose not to do any longer.  I have cried till I have made myself physically very ill, and now am facing a really serious health condition from the stress I have lived through.  My daughter will not even tell me where she lives. I will never know my future grandchildren. My advice to you is this, attend the wedding no matter how much it may hurt, do this for yourself.  Love yourself as much as you love your child and remember there is Karma or God, who will be forever remain the great equalizer in the end of it all. Find some peace.

cremebrulee

Silence....I'm so so sorry...no one deserves this....however, your last line was so correct...this is your life, live it...to the best of your ability....

Yanno, I'm guessing your daugther's husband is very controlling, he knows you were close...and he used her stories, her father told her, about you against you...I bet they told her things that are not even true...and there you were, putting his name on the gifts under the tree....

I never usually suggest that anyone write a letter, b/c words can be taken so wrong, but someone needs to tell her about these things...regardless of what she does with the information, she needs to know...so what I'm saying is, if you can find her, write her, and let her know what you did for her.  I'm guessing, her husband won't allow her to tell you where they live, he cuts out all support...so he has full control...I'm just guessing, perhaps I'm wrong....but that is what it sounds like to me....

You have a good attitude...and I hope and pray you'll endure....please continue to post when you need to...the ladies here are very wise and kind...every single one of them...

Hugs
Creme

luise.volta

Silence - I don't have anything to add to Creme's incredible post except to commend you for your strength and to support you in continuing to guard your own dignity and innate value...because both are fact. Sending love.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

momX3

Silence,
First of all,  don't ever forget what a wonderful job you did as a "Mom" in raising your daughter.  She has a college degree and great childhood memories that you created for her.  Where would she be today if it hadn't been for you?

As we grow older, we start remembering all that our parents did for us.  Some day, when she becomes a "Mom," she will recall all the sacrifices that you made for her.

My heart aches for you, as no one should have to endure the heartache that you have.
As a child (growing up), when I would see the mean things that people did, my Mom always said, "What goes around, comes around."  At the time, I could never see that......but, now I realize how true those words are. 

Keep the faith.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I am glad you are on this site and posting with the greatest women in this world.

cremebrulee

Quote from: FLUSA2005 on March 13, 2010, 10:23:02 AM
A short update.........A married cousin has invited my husband to their house the day of my daughter's wedding. My daughter is getting married in the town where we live and my cousin lives an hour and a half away, so we will be out of town the day of the wedding. What a relief!  :D

Whew, that is good news...I'm so glad you've made the decissions you've made....it's a no win situation, however, you have to do what is best for you in a situation like this and you are backed 100% by us....

Good luck and have a great visit...

hugs
Creme

cremebrulee

Quote from: momX3 on March 17, 2010, 02:48:41 PM
Silence,
First of all,  don't ever forget what a wonderful job you did as a "Mom" in raising your daughter.  She has a college degree and great childhood memories that you created for her.  Where would she be today if it hadn't been for you?

As we grow older, we start remembering all that our parents did for us.  Some day, when she becomes a "Mom," she will recall all the sacrifices that you made for her.

My heart aches for you, as no one should have to endure the heartache that you have.
As a child (growing up), when I would see the mean things that people did, my Mom always said, "What goes around, comes around."  At the time, I could never see that......but, now I realize how true those words are. 

Keep the faith.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I am glad you are on this site and posting with the greatest women in this world.

Outstanding post....thank you so much!!!