March 28, 2024, 03:09:57 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Personality Disorders

Started by Momma Cat, March 09, 2010, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Momma Cat

March 09, 2010, 04:05:37 PM Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:10:58 PM by Momma Cat
This site gives insight into abusers and their victims.  Follow the link at the end of the third part of the article to "Stockholm Syndrome:  The Mystery Of Loving An Abuser" to understand why their victims stay.  Hugs to all,  Momma Cat

http://councellingresource.com/distress/personality-disorders/understanding/index.html

2chickiebaby

momma, my link doesn't work....

Momma Cat

Try again.  I left the R out of resource!  Momma

2chickiebaby

I see myself in the fear of abandonment, Momma

cocobars

Excuse me, but what's the point?

Momma Cat

Please understand that my post about Personality Disorders was definitely not directed to any member here.  I share the pain all of you have as this is the second time I have lost a child to someone with a personality disorder.  Normal people don't treat you or your child like a piece of dirt they can scrape off their shoe.

Coco, I have no idea what you mean by your posts.

It broke my heart to read how badly some of you ladies are suffering at the hands of people who act in an abnormal manner to your normal behavior.   Just hoped the link would help someone. 

What a first post this has turned out to be.  Hug,  Momma

cocobars

I agree with this being a "milestone" first post.  I thought this was a really strange introduction.  I hope you understand why I'm a little standofish.

cocobars

March 09, 2010, 05:52:47 PM #7 Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:53:33 AM by cocobars
Momma Cat,  Can you explain a little about your experience?  That would help me understand where you're coming from...

cocobars

I'm sorry if I was hard on you and I hope you understand what I was thinking about that being a strange post for a first one.  I would like to understand anyone who walks in here with an open heart!  Would you like to talk?

Momma Cat

Coco, I'll post my story in the adult sons/daughters section.  Hugs. Momma

cocobars

Thanks Momma!  I'll look for it!  May I consider that you're first post?   :)

I'm sorry!

2chickiebaby

MommaCat...I'd like to welcome you and hope you feel comfortable here.  Hugs to you. :)

cocobars

I would too Momma Cat.  I really didn't know what to think of that first post.  I reacted in a protective way and I believe I jumped to conclusions when I saw the subject matter being posted for the first time.  If you are coming in to be accepted, that's all I want here!  I accept anyone who is being honest, and I mean that!

Marilyn

Welcome Momma cat,I'm so very sorry you have lost two children.I know we can offer you lots of support,and compassion.
Looking forward to your post.

Momma Cat

Coco, I understand completely.  In my eagerness to contribute, I forgot that you ladies needed to know why I was here and get to know me first.  For that I am so sorry. 

Thank you all for your warm welcomes.  So thankful for this place where we can help and support each other!   Love and hugs,  Momma