March 28, 2024, 02:40:33 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Serious Question

Started by 2chickiebaby, March 09, 2010, 10:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Momma Cat

Oh, Chickie, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad!.  Everyone else has given you such good advice.  There are so many wise women here.

Trust me, your son still loves you and knows what a wonderful mother you are.  He just isn't allowed to show it any more or else he'll catch hell from your DIL.  Sounds like your DIL is a manipulator she is taking total control of him by isolating him from his friends and family.  In her way of thinking, everything must revolve around her, her wishes and wants.   She feelings are very shallow and self-centered. 

You are a lovely, caring soul, and have the gift of empathy.  It's going to take time, but once you have worked your way through the stages of grief, you will take joy in life again.  It won't be the same and there will be scars, but you will be OK.  Each of us is so much stronger than we think we are.  You deserve happiness.  Look at all the good you are doing for everyone here and how much your love and kindness is appreciated and returned back to you.  Your messages have meant the world to me.  You have helped lift me up when I was really down.  Just take it one day at a time.   (((((((hug))))))))  Momma

2chickiebaby

Thank you so much, MommaCat...I have really let them get to me over all these years.  I'll be okay, I hope!!! But thank you!!

momX3

A bouquet of spring flowers to all of you "Wise Women."
I can relate to all of your posts/advice.
Renny.......isn't it amazing how much we will put up with just to have our children in our life.  I am right there with you.
I love that quote:  "Don't count how many times you fall on the floor; count how many times you get back up."

momX3

One other thing I'd like to add.
I think we all have times when we "fall back on dark moments."

I am guilty of torturing myself by hitting the "replay" button and I play those memories back when DIL has hurt me.
I have shed buckets of tears that my son will never know about, because these incidents are behind us now, and I keep telling myself that he is happy. 
There is another quote that I like that goes something like: "You are only as happy as your happiest child."
So much truth in that, as I see it with my children often.

I have another quote that I am trying to remember when I am around DIL: 
Wisdom has two parts: 1) Having a lot to say      2) Not saying it     

;)   ;)  ;)  ;)

Barbie

Momx3, Those are really great quotes to remember.

Chickie, I agree with Momma. I pray you get stronger and are able to get past this stage in your life. Hugs.

cocobars

I agree with MommaCat too!  Chickie is a very special person who has an empathic gift, so it's no surprise we all love her and feel so connected! 

Hope

Chickie,
You have made me feel so loved - back at ya!  I hope you are feeling better today.  Your dil is controling to say the least.  She is showing her insecurity.  Please know that it is not you - it is her problem.  Would it be possible to ask your son out on a "date"?  To dinner and a movie or something?
Hugs and love, Hope