March 28, 2024, 04:49:40 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Homorary Awards

Started by luise.volta, March 08, 2010, 07:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Hi All,

Kirk and I are looking for some feedback regarding the award system built into our forum software.

We have two members, 2chickiebaby and cocobars, who have been recently honored for contributing over 1000 posts each. 2Chickiebaby is actually half way to 2000! However, they reached the highest award possible when they hit 500.

It isn't practical to change the existing system or user names but we can alter the number of posts required to reach each title. Chickie got to 1000 posts at around the 6 month mark...(I was ill and offline at the time and missed that monumental benchmark) and coco made it in a little over two months.  As most of you know, I was back online when that happened last week and conferred a special honor on coco...and retroactively on Chickie. I think everyone would agree that members who have that level of commitment are a great gift to us all...and I doubt that there is anyone in our membership of over 200 that hasn't been touched by both of them on more than one occasion.

Here is the existing structure:

Title                      Stars                                      Posts Required                       

Newbie                  *                                            0                               
Jr. Member             **                                          50                             
Full Member           ***                                        100                           
Sr. Member            ****                                      250                           
Hero Member         *****                                    500                           

Would you like to change the one thing we can change, which is the number of posts required to earn each title? We have come up with a suggested change. It is still possible to become a Hero but there is no way it could happen in a couple of months...that I can foresee. Full members would still join the coveted Magic Wand Council...(that I made up last week.  ;D )

Here is what we are proposing:

Title                      Stars                                      Posts Required                       
Newbie                  *                                            50                               
Jr. Member             **                                          500                             
Full Member           ***                                        1000                           
Sr. Member            ****                                      3000                           
Hero Member         *****                                    5000                           

We know some of you are not interested in titles or in the bars, from one to five, that go over your names to the left of your posts...but there are others of us who love games, goals and earned acknowledgment. (I do.)

If this subject doesn't interest you, just pass on it. If it does, please let us know what you think.

Sending love,

Luise (and Kirk, our worthy webmaster.)

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

Luise and Kirk,
Anything is all right with me.

luise.volta

Then do you want us to just leave it alone? We can do that.

2chickiebaby

Luise, it doesn't make any difference to me. Just looking at it again, it looks like it should be raised to the 5000 mark.  It looks like more and more are reaching that 1000 mark so I guess raising it would be the thing to do.  :)

luise.volta

Thank you so much for giving me feedback. Sending love and tons of appreciation. Pinging away!

luise.volta

Creme - What do you think?

luise.volta

cremebrulee

shessh, I never thought about it...I'm not here to earn credits...so it doesn't matter to me either way....but it's so nice of you to ask...

I don't mean that in a mean way....it's just that points to me, don't make a difference, I'm more concerned with reading and contributing....yanno? 

I hope that came across ok?

hugs and thanks again for asking...

Creme

cocobars

Thanks for asking, Luise.  I really don't think it makes much difference either.  I think we're all here becasue we want to be and, not for the credits, although they are fun and we all get a kick out of them!

luise.volta

Well, it just occurred to us to ask .Guess we'll leave it the way it is. Thanks...and sending love.

Orly

I may not post alot....but I do read them.    The karma points freak me out though....lol...I like to stay nice and balanced, so atm I'm lopsided. 

cocobars

But you're lopsided on the "plus side."  Thats a good thing Orly!  Congratulations!

Orly

OK, you ladies are going to have to stop hitting me with those karma points.....I'm starting to limp around like "Igor" from some old Boris Karloff movie set!  If I start drooling here soon and lisping,  "Yessssh, Maaaaster" I'm going to have to lay the blame on whomever is tweaking me. 

luise.volta

It's your own darn fault! You're wonderful!!  ;D

momX3

Luise,
I'm sorry........I am new to this site and I do not have a clue to what the numbers mean under our user names. I understand the post number, but the Karma thing really has me at a loss.
Can you explain what it means?
Thanks bunches.