March 28, 2024, 03:12:33 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Son who has issues with mom

Started by Mom of 3, October 22, 2011, 07:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassy

Hello and welcome back CCaren.  The holidays are so difficult.   I think one huge but simple way to lessen the impact of what ODS and DIL and ODS' MIL are doing, is to make your settings so you don't see their facebook posts and updates.  The pain reading about them seems worse than the possible joy of seeing pictures.  Take care.

Pooh

Yes, that's what I did to my DIL's Mother.  I deleted her off my FB after a year and a half of not seeing DS/DIL.  I hated seeing the constant pics of all of them doing things because it just reminded me that they were not in my family's life.  I deleted her, no more reminders and I moved on. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell