March 29, 2024, 03:29:40 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Epithany or "Ah-Ha"

Started by renny97, March 07, 2010, 11:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renny97

So wonderful!

I am grandparent, hear me SOAR! (With or without broom! lol) Can I hear a PING!

How could PING be incorporated on the T-shirt? Luise, would have copyright symbol there.

luise.volta

I'm a grandparent; watch me Ping! Do me wrong; watch me Pong!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Marilyn

Luise you are sooooooo cute!!! :)

luise.volta

That's what I call it when I remove someone from our membership because they cause trouble...I "Pong" them!  ;D ;D

Barbie

Pen

I'm trying to come up with the words to match the acronyms SOAR or PING. What can you guys come up with?
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Sore and Sting! (Just kidding!)

cocobars

renny97

P=Peace
I=Inside
N=Nice
G=Gals

S=Sweet
O=On
A=Air
R=Racing

LOL!

P=Pixie
I=Is
N=Near
G=Godmother (Fairy)

P=Pass
I=It (Wand)
N=Near
G=Gals

luise.volta

Wonderful!
S = Silly
O = Once
A = After
R = Reading (WWU)

Barbie

Renny and Louise, you crack me up.

luise.volta

I want to die laughing...literally!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2chickiebaby

That would be great, Luise.  "HA HA HA  HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Splat 8)

("what happened to her?  Where did she go?  She knew very well this was my birthday and she had the NERVE to die on my birthday!!!")

I want to go when it's more convenient for everyone.  ;D

cocobars

Hope

Quote from: renny97 on March 07, 2010, 11:05:19 AM
As I was walking around doing chores, I had another "slant" on relationship between son, DIL, and me.

MIL's are often accused of "interferring" or "still trying to parent." (Nothing new there). Although, we are parents, the same negative traits are not projected onto the son, DIL, or her family? Why? Because they are our adult children. They won't get the same stigma. I realize, DILs get some, but I not so much from this viewpoint.

We've heard about "role reversals." Their "interfering" and "controlling behavior" *seems* to be "okay." (Not all) They don't have the title of "MIL."

I am not one to "toot my own horn." But, I have been called, "fiercely independent," "strong," and "resourceful." I am not even aware most of the time, that when I was a single mother, I raised a son, always worked (however many jobs) or pursued work, college degree, and maintained home(s).

It was my choice to remain single. I often added, "Happily so." There were too many *red flags* when I dated for a brief time. I didn't feel pressured or compulsive about having to have a SO in my life. My drive and motivation, was my son. Anyone who could not fit into that, had to go.

I guess, that is why I get especially annoyed by "interfering" connotations. I never had the mindset or "ego" (?) to allow myself to think that DIL may fear being alone beyond belief. Maybe I represent that? (Alone)

So, because of my background, I really resent controlling people. I lived without it. I don't ask for much help from son. He has offered and I very much appreciated. It wasn't about quantity of visits, it was having a nice time. When, the time I had with son and family became tense and disrespectful, I had to finally make it known and stand alone. That is what I've known.

I do feel that being alone, I have been dealt "both barrels." (Outnumbered). Not so much sympathy as the fact.

I am watching, Dwayne Dyers, "Excuse Be Gone." It is very enlightening. I don't feel this is an excuse, but I just think it is odd, that a couple that is half my age, is now telling me how it is gonna be! (Their treatment towards me) Especially, when I learned to survive to hear this! Irony, or some weird "twist."? "Apparently" I earned name-calling! NOT!
I obviously "know nothing."  ;)

On the DD Show, a teacher once told him, "when you are given pieces; try to make them fit." I guess, that is what I sometimes do. I know I think too much. My scope says, "words and thoughts are like food" to my sign.

So, wisdom and age aren't as one, but it means there has been some life experiences that we do have to "get." Some knowledge is bestowed. And, if nothing else, speak with decency. If not, it won't be.

My current thinking or realization, is that I won't bring up any past issues in future contact. Son is emeshed. His choice. The only requirement I have now is that I am not talked to like dirt. That may require me to stay away for long periods. It is up to them, not me. But, how does that other saying go, "I'd rather stand for something, than fall for everything."

Renny, you're my hero!  I love the way you think and I admire your independence!  I want to be just like you when I grow up.