March 28, 2024, 04:01:14 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

1000th Post! 1500th Post For Chickie!

Started by cocobars, March 06, 2010, 06:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

March 06, 2010, 06:39:05 AM Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 05:38:42 AM by cocobars
This is my 1000th post.  I didn't want to waste it on something too silly, because Luise tells me I will get a magic wand at this milestone! ;D

I feel honored to have found this site and it, along with the compassionate and caring women I have met here are precious to me and I hold a special respect for each one of you!  You have changed my life!

When I walked through this door, I was in so much pain!  If I had literally come through a door, I truly would have been stumbling, and was in pain I had been living with for too long.  I believe I was lead into this place by unseen hands and guided into the loving protection and understanding that God wanted me to have.  I've spent months offering a shoulder to cry on, because sometimes that is all I think I can do, and by doing this and trying to repay this great debt I owe to the compassion and wisdom of someone else, I have learned from you all.  This site is a very special and precious place for me.  Chickie is right in her statement that you can look around, but you will not be able to find another place like this one.  I looked and found that there are many places for DIL's, but no others that offer the MIL's a place to be understood.  Not in the ways that we have here.

This is where I believe I was guided, and this circle of truly wise women has touched me and allowed me to enjoy the moments in life that are important to me and my wellbeing.  You have lifted my spirits and given me a lighter heart, and I believe that has honestly changed my life.  The women here have a special purpose and are carrying that purpose out every day in every letter written down.

I want to thank you all for the honor I've found in this circle!  It means so much to be here with you!  I have found a place of honor and understanding, where I can learn more about this life, and find more than "just me" and my perspective!  Thank you all for being here when I have needed you.  I will try to never let you down...

2chickiebaby

coco, you are such a blessing to all of us...you  have been there for all of us with the sweetest shoulder and kindest of all words to offer. There is nothing as special as someone with a tender heart...that's you and we love and adore you.  Just know that you are our blessing :) HAPPY 1000th POST...........

RedRose

Chickie and Coco,

Congratulations to both of you ! You are both so kind and understanding and have a gift to use words in a way that help people heal and hearts that feel compassion for everyone. Thank-you ! Both of you !

Pen

Ditto! You two are amazing and this site is, too.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Congratulations! think I will copy my earlier post here. You and Chickie are an incredible role models:

Well, look at that! Cocobars has the number 1000 under her name!!! That's 1000 posts! Like Chickie, she has earned her Magic Wand and the right to Ping away! They are the first two members of the Magic Wand Council. Long live the Fairy Princesses!!!

Yes, I have a Magic Wand, too...but I did not earn it...(yet.) It came with the territory and my honorary place as Fairy Godmother. (which I bestowed upon myself.)

Long live WWU!!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

renny97

March 06, 2010, 08:15:05 AM #5 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 08:17:25 AM by renny97
Congrats! Coco! On your milestone! An official "wand-holder"!!!  WhoooHooooo!  8) That IS serious!  :)

You are continuing the circle. You honor the help and support you received by giving us all that gift. Your deep appreciation, is what continues to give us all understanding and hope. You never forget to mention Chicki in that intervention. What angels, you both are! I see the bond and love for each other. It is a great model for each of us trying to move through our own pain and issues.

I marvel at how you took life's lessons, and turned into a gain. I cannot say I am able to do that, at times. But, whatever "stage" we find ourselves, you are there to help hold up "our wings." You see a glimmer of gold in the worst of scenarios.

You were so willing to welcome me and others here and reach out to me. That meant the world. I took the chance to see if the things I was going through were "normal.'

Please thank the rest of your audience; "Birds and Squirrels of the Universe." Maybe some nice trail mix, eh?"

(((((Hugs)))))
Renny (Old gal, dancin' in yard......lol)

cocobars

Quote from: RedRose on March 06, 2010, 07:34:55 AM
Chickie and Coco,

Congratulations to both of you ! You are both so kind and understanding and have a gift to use words in a way that help people heal and hearts that feel compassion for everyone. Thank-you ! Both of you !
OMG!  Chickie!  You are at 1500!!!!  Please reserve the 1500th for a special post from you! 

Congrats!!!! :'(

cocobars

March 06, 2010, 10:49:43 AM #7 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:01:55 AM by cocobars
Quote from: renny97 on March 06, 2010, 08:15:05 AM
Congrats! Coco! On your milestone! An official "wand-holder"!!!  WhoooHooooo!  8) That IS serious!  :)

You are continuing the circle. You honor the help and support you received by giving us all that gift. Your deep appreciation, is what continues to give us all understanding and hope. You never forget to mention Chicki in that intervention. What angels, you both are! I see the bond and love for each other. It is a great model for each of us trying to move through our own pain and issues.

I marvel at how you took life's lessons, and turned into a gain. I cannot say I am able to do that, at times. But, whatever "stage" we find ourselves, you are there to help hold up "our wings." You see a glimmer of gold in the worst of scenarios.

You were so willing to welcome me and others here and reach out to me. That meant the world. I took the chance to see if the things I was going through were "normal.'

Please thank the rest of your audience; "Birds and Squirrels of the Universe." Maybe some nice trail mix, eh?"

(((((Hugs)))))
Renny (Old gal, dancin' in yard......lol)
Renny!  You're precious! 

Yes I will reward those beautiful winged creatures! We're supposed to have a warm weekend (well 50 degrees if that's warm)  and I will dance in the yard!  The neighbor's will laugh but I don't mind!!! ;D  It's yard dancin weather.   What the heck we howled last weekend!!! ;) with red hair!

renny97

:D Hilarious!!!!!!!

(If ya see a net coming towards you, Ruuuuuunnn!! LOL...Spring is only 2 weeks away!!

I know you have been overwhelmed, and hope you find time to pause and treat yourself; really.

cocobars

March 07, 2010, 05:37:57 AM #9 Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 05:43:51 AM by cocobars
Chickie!  Look at your numbers!  In all the fun we had laughing last night, you past your 1500th post!  We need some bells and whistles going off here!!!

Chickie past 1500!  ;D  Happy!    ;D   Happy!   ;D  Joy!   ;D  Joy!   ;D
You are a blessing to this site!  I'm happy "YOU" are here!

2chickiebaby

luise.volta

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And many, many more! Long live Chickie!!! THANK YOU!!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

renny97

Congrats, Chicki!!!!!!!!!  8) I love your style!
You hit the mark and honorary wand-holder. You have helped and supported so many through your candid spirit and uplifting reponses. You are unique! I hope you believe in yourself, as much as we do and think of you.

(((Hugs))) Renny

2chickiebaby