March 28, 2024, 10:45:47 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

just what she wanted

Started by RedRose, March 05, 2010, 06:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRose

March 05, 2010, 06:50:05 AM Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 01:27:59 PM by RedRose
Yesterday was my Birthday.

We celebrated last night.

My daughter and son arrived, and she handed me a card and a gift.

I opened the card and inside of it was an ultrasound picture of her belly...she is having a baby. She has wanted to have a baby for such a long time.

I was so happy I...guess what...cried !!

Pen

Happy Birthday and Congratulations, RedRose!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

2chickiebaby

Congratulations ROSE~!!!!!  I'm so happy for you~!!!!

cocobars

Oh my!  I hope you can keep the picture! ;D

Precious thing to look at!  Congratulations Rose!

jkm426

How wonderful....my three grandchildren are the light of my life.   Congrats!

cocobars

March 05, 2010, 04:47:14 PM #5 Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:49:12 PM by cocobars
I definately agree with jkm!  I would have that framed/matted/glistened/emailed/announced (with permission)...

Then, I might add Penstamen's "magic crystals!"  What a visual!

(Pen, I hope you know that I adore your magic crystals!  You gave me an unforgettable view on life with that one!)

Marilyn

Red Rose,Happy Birthday!!! and Congradulations Gramma!!!!

What an exciting Birthday for you  :)

RedRose

Thanks everyone.

She is giving me a copy, the one she brought was the only one she had...then I'll put it in the frame she gave me.  8)

2chickiebaby

2chickiebaby

Sometimes when knowing my sons only hear words through their wives mouths just brings me to despair.  That's what I'm feeling right now.

We were good parents.  Great parents.  I saw a picture on my DIL's blog and in the background there is a picture of my husband that scrares me.  It scares me because it shows such despair on his face!  OH!! He's in the background so you wouldn't normally even see it and he didn't know his face would show.  People adore him and I was always loved too.  I don't understand this, Lord!  I don't. 

He always tries to be up for his job and for me.  It breaks my heart!!! I am in such despair that I'm not much of a wife.  I wanted a family more than life itself.  Those boys loved us dearly. I know they did.

I don't know what to do....sometimes living isn't worth it to me.  Whatever his wife says, goes.  You're out if she wants you out. 

renny97

Happy Birthday! RR! What a beautiful gift you received!!!!!! That was such a sweet sentiment!!!!! And, so thoughtful! God Bless DD and all.

RedRose

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on March 06, 2010, 09:30:26 AM
Sometimes when knowing my sons only hear words through their wives mouths just brings me to despair.  That's what I'm feeling right now.

We were good parents.  Great parents.  I saw a picture on my DIL's blog and in the background there is a picture of my husband that scrares me.  It scares me because it shows such despair on his face!  OH!! He's in the background so you wouldn't normally even see it and he didn't know his face would show.  People adore him and I was always loved too.  I don't understand this, Lord!  I don't. 

He always tries to be up for his job and for me.  It breaks my heart!!! I am in such despair that I'm not much of a wife.  I wanted a family more than life itself.  Those boys loved us dearly. I know they did.

I don't know what to do....sometimes living isn't worth it to me.  Whatever his wife says, goes.  You're out if she wants you out.
Your sons have hurt you so much, I know. I hope soon they will wake up and realise they did not have to change their personalities for who they married...they  still love you Chickie. You know that.

Chickie.....put your husband first.....get back to a place where your thoughts were of him everyday. Remember when nothing else ever mattered to you...just being with him. Lean on him...comfort each other. Talk about all the good times you have had together. Think about getting away together, if you can. Just the two of you.
I think you need each other now more than ever.

((hugs))

2chickiebaby

Thank you, Rose.  I don't know how they could do this to him. Not him.  Do what you want to me but how can they do this to him?  We had the best home. I look at these other men and none compare to him and the love he gave to those boys. He was a wonderful father. They always said they had such a great Dad.

You gave good advice and I will try.  I am just beyond sad and don't have much to give.   

RedRose

They will be back, the Mom and Dad who raised them taught them how to love and enjoy life. They need both of you. Remember that.

2chickiebaby