March 28, 2024, 04:02:06 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Woman Who Dragged Me Through The Door

Started by cocobars, March 04, 2010, 04:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

March 04, 2010, 04:52:29 PM Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:04:41 PM by cocobars
I've done a lot of thinking these past couple of days and received so many PM's.  Thank you for your love and support!  This one post from "willing" has created a divided group, and I just want to veer away at this point.  We are all wise and compassionate women here.  But there is something or I guess someone I believe is not being considered, who should.

I'm struggling here to get back "one of our own."  She may not be right all of the time (like most of us), but she definitely isn't wrong (like most of us too!) ;D and has been here longer than any of us, other than you, Luise.  AND, she has a huge heart!

I can't compromise the feelings of someone I think so highly of, in lieu of a DIL coming through the door. I believe this original member was not treated fairly either.  Without going into detail, as I did in my own post (because it is her decision whether or not she wants to share), she received PM's reprimanding her for her own feelings and views.  Those were her feelings and she was simply expressing them.  She has been hurt dearly by the messages she has gotten, and has also been hurt "dearly" by DIL's in the past, which is part of the reason why her feelings come into consideration for me.  That's not all of it though.  I want you to understand what this woman is about...

My loyalties and my love and admiration for one wise woman will keep her in my heart and always in my considerations.  I have watched her from where I sit each day and night, and I have noticed that she is afraid because she has been so deeply hurt  (but that's just fear).  She has been so hurt because she cares with all of her heart. Every inch of it!  I know it because she dragged me through the door here one night.  It proved to be one of my better decisions to trust her!  I've been here ever since...

I know someone who is feeling unappreciated, and would like to be invited back in here to this site she helped create.  I know a woman who "needs" to know right now she is still loved and valued, and so important.  She is for me.  I can't let myself welcome someone new at the expense of someone old.  When the old friend did so much for me. If we don't consider our longest standing member, who helped create this site, what are we? Is that really wise?

I want to pull her back here in this "circle of wise women," because compassion and love is always wise, and fear can be overcome. I believe her opinion is part of us.  It has become part of me.  One night back in December (I think it was?), she dragged me in here weeping, stood me up, dusted me off, cried with me, laughed with me and showed me compassion and understanding I hadn't seen in a long time (so long I can't remember when the last time was before that).   I'm waiting to hear from Chickie and,  I'm not going anywhere.  I believe she has been very hurt, and I'm standing here.  I don't mind waiting to read her words.  I just want to know what she thinks and how she feels about all this, because "her" opinion matters to me, and to this site.

I just want to know how Chickie feels here.  This is her safe place too and I believe her opinion and feelings here are much more important than mine!  LOL!  I've got lots of time to wait...

cocobars

You are so welcome!  As welcome as I was the first night I met you! ;D

Pen

Chickie is this site...that's all I have to say.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

2chickiebaby

RedRose

Chickie,

Pen is right. You are this site. You were my first friend and it is your words that have helped me so much. Like I told you earlier I value you and everything you say. I love you.

2chickiebaby

renny97

I am still fairly new, but I have got some real understanding as well as smiles from you, Chicki. You are so full of life and keep us going.

I never posted regarding the hot topic. I sensed it may create an inflammatory nature.

But, we welcome others here. To create any type of misrepresentation, is cruel to all of us that are willing to help and be supportive.

Let's keep moving forward....
Renny

cocobars

March 05, 2010, 08:07:39 PM #7 Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:09:25 PM by cocobars
So chickie.  I'm still standing and waiting. I still want to know what you think of your site!

I still want your opinion! 

I've got lots of time :), and your opinion is important!  It is valued more than I can say!