March 28, 2024, 01:29:55 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What this site meant to me

Started by 2chickiebaby, March 04, 2010, 04:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

I want to tell all of you what this site meant to me in my life.  No matter what my day was, no matter what happened, good or bad, something I feared or something I was terrified about, confused about or happy about, I could come here and tell you.  Just you.  I knew I'd be understood and heard, my heart heard at last.

That's something I needed more than anything in this world.  I don't believe in all my life, I have been actually heard, really heard.  You did that for me.

I can't repay you....ever. This site was rare, so rare that there isn't another one like it anywhere.  You can search and search and never find another one. 

We were unique in that all were welcomed if they came with an open heart, trying like we were trying to just be heard and understood.

I would love to hear what this site has meant to you.  I know each story is different, maybe meant more to you or less....

cocobars

HOW DID I MISS THIS POST!

What a wonderful place to start!  I believe I just posted mine on your post!  HAHAHA! 

cocobars

March 04, 2010, 06:19:46 PM #2 Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:06:45 PM by cocobars
I hope you read my post too, Chickie.  The one I wrote tonight, probably while you were writing this one... LOL! 

cocobars

Imagine that!  You were writing this post while I was writing one about how thankful I was for you! 

2chickiebaby

It is amazing....an unbreakable bond we have :)

cocobars

It really is, Chickie! 

You know what?  I think Luise needs to ping us all with her magic wand, so we can all remember getting over something hard and never forget this bond we all have here!

I hope she does.  She is all we are missing here right now!

luise.volta

Well, lets see...what does this site mean to me? Hummmm....

I means that I was able to make an e-friend (Chickie) on my other website and then design this site for her. It means that together we went out into cyberland and put out the call to women who wanted to care and share. It means that one-by-one you all appeared in our lives, mine and Chickie's, and an extended family came to be. 

It means that you have been patient with me, knowing that I didn't have a clue what I was doing...and that together we have created solidarity and loyalty. We have found strength in our differences.

It means that when one of us falls, the others come running and that aloneness is obsolete.

It means the world to me. And so I Ping away...there! Take that! Pings to one and all!!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

And we're "PINGING" you back!  All of us...

You are our fairy godmother, in every sense!

2chickiebaby

I sure hate to hear that about ex-friend, Chickie

2chickiebaby

Well, Luise, you didn't have to buy a shopping cart and deal with ASPdotnetstorefront.  Be thankful, be very thankful.  For sure, they speak language that is foreign even to Hieroglyphics and more expensive than the Washington Monument!

(not really, I exaggerate 8)

Pen

I've said it before, but I'll repeat: This site has saved my life, many times. I love you all so much!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Thanks! And sometimes I trip over my long, Fairy-godmother dress.

luise.volta

Guess I'd better go to bed, Didn't understand about the "ex'friend" or the shopping cart. Had difficult day

2chickiebaby

you said "my ex-friend, Chickie".....what did that mean?

luise.volta

What? I would never say that. Never. I said e-friend...like e-mail and ether, Magical...