March 28, 2024, 12:22:42 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What this site meant to me

Started by 2chickiebaby, March 04, 2010, 04:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Yup,  C/C - You're right on the cusp with991! And you only get one magic wand! ;D  (You also have the highest average for daily posting.)

I have felt Chickie's Ping. I know we all have!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

Quote from: luise.volta on March 05, 2010, 07:37:47 PM
Yup,  C/C - You're right on the cusp with991! And you only get one magic wand! ;D  (You also have the highest average for daily posting.)

I have felt Chickie's Ping. I know we all have!
Yes we have!  At least I know I have!

I wrote a post about her last night "the woman who dragged me through the door".  Nobody noticed it, because she posted her own - at the same time.  Wouldn't you know the subject was "ALMOST" the same?  Mine was erased and forgotten, but it was about her.  I'm still glad I wrote it and don't regret that!

She deserved that ping!!! ;D

luise.volta

Better rewrite it. Don't let that eraser win!

2chickiebaby

yes, I believe I have that wand right here!!  Thank you!!

luise.volta

It should have been noted when you posted your 1000th post and you officially started the Magic Wand Circle (MWC) but I was no where to be seen at the time. 1000 apologies...and 1000 Pings! (I still get to Ping the Pingers!  ;D)

I'm headed for bed...just got Val down and am tottering around.

Marilyn

Luise my heart goes out to you,and i will keep you and Val in my prayers.
I'm so glad Kirk is there with you.You have to be physically and emotionally overwhelmed.
My neighbor's husband has dementia,she is 60,much younger than you,and it's to much for her.She has aides that come in 3-4 times a week to help her out.I'm not sure if the state pays for this or her own privite insurance,but i know it doesn't cost her anything.
Maybe kirk could help you find out about getting some aides to come in to help you.
This is too much for you to try to do alone.You need a break,mentally and physically.I hope you get some relief with that ankle.
I wish i lived close by,i wouldn't mind helping you one bit.

Sending you love and hugs

cremebrulee

Dear Louise
I hope and pray all will be well...and so happy your son is able to be with you both...God bless...and let it be known, that your a fabulous loving and compassionate woman...wise and beyond your years in wisdom....strength beyond compare....along with a great sense of humor. 

Happy Happy Birthday!

Chickie...this site has been a God sent...for me it's been a communicative walk with loving understanding woman who genuinally care about others...many thanks to you all for that...

I have grown in understanding, about my situation...and it surely helps take the edge off a little...don't know where life will sail me to...but there is still adventure and love out there, and I plan on experiencing every minute of it, and feeling this way is due to all of you....we may not always agree, but the nice thing about you all is this...you realize, that even though others may think and feel differently, it doesn't make them bad people...I commend you and appreicate you all for that...and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your patience, kindness and love...

While we have lost something along the way, I believe we have all gained, throught this website...and I for one believe it to be a life saver...along with Luise, and her son for giving this very positive opportunity

I also want to say, that my intention is not to hurt anyone...I've been on the hurting side as many of you have been...and I never want to make anyone hurt like that...so, please know, while my words may be rough around the edges at times...cut and dry...it's only b/c I am not understanding...and I"m asking someone to help me understand, by discussing an issue...here I can do that, thank you for understanding and your care....I am deeply thankful for all of you...

Creme

cocobars

Good morning Creme!

I'm happy to see you, and just want to say that you have become one of those wise women here I look for!  You always add details I sometimes overlook, and I believe that has broadened my own view!  I don't know where we would all be without you as part of this circle and your detailed perceptions.  :-\

Sending you hugs, Creme!  I hope you're feeling them!

P.S.-  I'm happy your computer is up and running again!  HAHA!

2chickiebaby

Dear Creme,
I'm very glad to see your name here.  I missed your posts.  It doesn't matter if anyone disagrees with us, everyone is welcome here.

I think if we just speak to each other softly we can get through anything.  So glad you came back!!  We all missed you. :)

We need your input in this place. 

luise.volta

Well, look at that! Cocobars has the number 1000 under her name!!! That's 1000 posts! Like Chickie, she has earned her Magic Wand and the right to Ping away! They are the first two members of the Magic Wand Council. Long live the Fairy Princesses!!!

Yes, I have a Magic Wand, too...but I did not earn it...(yet.) It came with the territory and my honorary place as Fairy Godmother. (which I bestowed upon myself.)

Long live WWU!!

2chickiebaby

I can't think of any other title that would be as great as Fairy Godmother.  To me, that is the best.  Thanks for being such a good one, Luise.  I hope this day is a lot better for you and Val.  :)

luise.volta

Chickie - There you have it...the principle that will keep our forum healthy and well indefinitely...and I quote:

"I think if we just speak to each other softly we can get through anything."

Profound!

I'd be interested in knowing how others do that...continue to "speak softly" when upset.

I go to Word, and I post there to myself. I'm serious! I know my anger is usually over the top of fear and I know that both are about me...not the person who triggered the response. So when I have any intense feelings here, I own them and let myself express them where I won't step on any toes. It doesn't happen often but when it does, I sometimes write several of those pseudo-posts on my Word program before I distill them down and get what I really want to contribute to my tribe. If one sneaks past me to the "Reply" box, and I'm barely holding myself back from using capital letters and multiple exclamation marks...I catch it because I re-read everything I post before I hit "Send."  I learned this technique in dealing with family matters and it's saved my bacon more than once.   

luise.volta

Thanks to all of you who have responded to my post about where I am in my personal life...because it has an effect, of course, on where I am here as I write about what this forum means to me.

I wanted our forum to mean that we have friends who are "always home" and who always have a cup of tea waiting...so that something in us sighs a long comfortable sigh. A place where we can put our feet up as we smile at each other; where we can share and be heard; where we listen and then respond from the heart.  I wanted a place that would guarantee that we're not alone and where we would be reassured that someone, someplace cared. A healing place.

I created WWU so that would be true for all of you and I have found it here for myself.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement and for the wise advice and the sweetness of wishing you lived near so you could pop in and help.

2chickiebaby

We'd be there for you in a second, Luise, taking all the extra chores from you and doing them ourselves.  With one it's hard, with many it's a breeze.  Think of all we could do for if we lived nearby.  We'd be great to our Fairy Godmother. :)

luise.volta

You couldn't be any closer...you're in my heart. I will try to remember that as I do the tasks at hand.